Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 07:33 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,477,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Denver has too much suburban sprawl for me and it's ban on Pitbulls would mean I could never live there.
I agree, so my solution is to not go to the suburbs. I don't mind the pit bull ban whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2016, 08:34 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,566,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I agree, so my solution is to not go to the suburbs. I don't mind the pit bull ban whatsoever.
I agree about the pit bull ban. It is as much a ban on the owners as the breed itself. Before the ban there was quite a few attacks so something had to be done.

Old 03-04-2016, 10:34 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,920,175 times
I think they should ban dogs period disgusting creatures.

Old 03-04-2016, 02:00 PM

50 posts, read 52,489 times
I live in Lakewood so I can have a pitbull. Personally I think there are a lot of humans that should be banned instead but that won't happen. Its a stupid law. But back to topic - I moved back here to retire and am willing to pay higher real estate prices to do so. In Albuquerque prices for houses are much lower, but then houses sit on the market there for 6 months because there is so little demand. If you can pay the prices here, you'll get it back later.

Old 03-04-2016, 02:09 PM

12,260 posts, read 24,390,431 times
Quote:
That is why I think Denver is far from the number one city and why places like Pueblo are more progressive and better cities to live in.

Old 03-04-2016, 02:47 PM

3,959 posts, read 4,348,456 times
Ahhh, but one of the weighted criteria for being desirable in this poll was the rate of transplants moving into the area. Denver is probably tops in the nation for that one, hence placing it higher in this poll than being evaluated on just amenities and quality of life and cost of living.

Old 03-04-2016, 08:32 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,477,108 times
Quote:
That is why I think Denver is far from the number one city and why places like Pueblo are more progressive and better cities to live in.
Not sure I follow. The city is great. I never have to leave it. That's a positive to me.

Old 03-04-2016, 08:45 PM

12,260 posts, read 24,390,431 times
Quote:
Not sure I follow. The city is great. I never have to leave it. That's a positive to me.
I was just giving my opinion as to why I think Denver is far from the best city. I would never live there.

Old 03-04-2016, 09:08 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,920,175 times
Quote:
I was just giving my opinion as to why I think Denver is far from the best city. I would never live there.
I agree with joss the best Colorado poster

Old 03-04-2016, 09:35 PM

74 posts, read 84,681 times
I love how people complain about how expensive it is is in Denver. I mean yeah its crazy what homes are going for but thats a whole different issue that has to do with excess more than anything but to see people on here complain about it so much when its out of their control. I am trying to move there in 3 months(oh no not another transplant, thing is Denver's always been more of a home than where I was born and still live plus denver has a visible rock scene unlike wichita) and am fully aware of what iam getting myself into and I have ran the whole scenario out in my head every which way to sunday, Unlike most people on here and its funny to see them act like theres no city worth moving to. Ive got a great option for them, Move to witchita Kansas; For one its actually cheap to live here in terms of housing and you can get a house under 100K in a nice part of town, the sunsets are amazing because theres nothing blocking your View and theyre even better out in the flint hills and you get the best visuals of thunderstorms but sadly thats about it for here. But thats all starting to change and wichita might be great in about 20 years at its current rate of improvement so why dont all the people who complain about denver come live here and improve their life and my home city, see easy solution right there because news flash theres not many cheap cities left and Denver is about normal for most of cities in the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver