Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 10:54 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,693,806 times

Advertisements

Go D town!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
I think they should ban dogs period disgusting creatures.
What kinda flop person? Dog are better than people
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
That is why I think Denver is far from the number one city and why places like Pueblo are more progressive and better cities to live in.
What is this lie Josseppie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2016, 11:22 PM

214 posts, read 260,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jHolman91 View Post
I love how people complain about how expensive it is is in Denver. I mean yeah its crazy what homes are going for but thats a whole different issue that has to do with excess more than anything but to see people on here complain about it so much when its out of their control. I am trying to move there in 3 months(oh no not another transplant, thing is Denver's always been more of a home than where I was born and still live plus denver has a visible rock scene unlike wichita) and am fully aware of what iam getting myself into and I have ran the whole scenario out in my head every which way to sunday, Unlike most people on here and its funny to see them act like theres no city worth moving to. Ive got a great option for them, Move to witchita Kansas; For one its actually cheap to live here in terms of housing and you can get a house under 100K in a nice part of town, the sunsets are amazing because theres nothing blocking your View and theyre even better out in the flint hills and you get the best visuals of thunderstorms but sadly thats about it for here. But thats all starting to change and wichita might be great in about 20 years at its current rate of improvement so why dont all the people who complain about denver come live here and improve their life and my home city, see easy solution right there because news flash theres not many cheap cities left and Denver is about normal for most of cities in the country.
The Denver forum is filled with people complaining about housing prices and people complaining about people complaining about housing prices.

Old 03-05-2016, 12:43 AM

74 posts, read 85,021 times
So its the youtube comment section of the Colorado forum. Like I said there's cities that are still cheap(rapid city,Wichita) but not many but there's a reason and I could go on forever about Wichita but then again ive lived here for 24 years so I have enough to complain about, Oh well maybe they'll get wise and leave instead of being masochists in the financial part of reality.

Old 03-05-2016, 08:14 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,452,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post

What is this lie Josseppie?
My 2 big issues are first all the suburban sprawl in the metro area and secondly (and more importantly) the ban they have on pit bulls that has resulted in killing of hundreds maybe thousands of innocent dogs. These examples are why I would never move to Denver.

Old 03-05-2016, 08:49 AM

1,260 posts, read 1,101,952 times
Quote:
My 2 big issues are first all the suburban sprawl in the metro area and secondly (and more importantly) the ban they have on pit bulls that has resulted in killing of hundreds maybe thousands of innocent dogs. These examples are why I would never move to Denver.
Darn those pit bull killing, car dependent evil suburbanites.

Old 03-05-2016, 01:57 PM

7 posts, read 18,658 times
today one can buy the 500 K house in Denver and have a decent Mortage due to 1)low interest rates 2) low Denver taxes 3) possibly a hefty down payment due to house appreciation if you owned prior
We bought one of those downtown houses and it wasn't the Mortage that killed us but the inspector who didn't find out what was really lurking in our 1925 home... 9 months and 80 K later, and a nice new HELOC, many extra nursing shifts, possibly selling a couple kids... Yikes!

Old 03-06-2016, 08:03 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,237,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
You would be surprised how many people can afford a $500K home and they are not even close to being rich.
Come on, really?

In order to afford a $500K home COMFORTABLY, not being house poor, you net a net (after tax) income of around $1,000,000 per year.

Old 03-06-2016, 08:11 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,938,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
Come on, really?

In order to afford a $500K home COMFORTABLY, not being house poor, you net a net (after tax) income of around $1,000,000 per year.
LOL no you don't

Old 03-06-2016, 08:33 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jHolman91 View Post
so why dont all the people who complain about denver come live here and improve their life and my home city, see easy solution right there
Because it's usually the natives or extremely long timers who complain. A small contingent believes they have a birthright to live here, and a right for it to be cheap for them because they were born here, and because all of us transplants are "ruining" it for them. It's nobody's fault that they didn't buy at the right time except for their own. There's plenty of Colorado to go around; Pueblo is still cheap.

If I pulled that attitude in my home state, people would look at me like I was crazy.

Quote:
My 2 big issues are first all the suburban sprawl in the metro area
Are we supposed to build skyscrapers to accommodate all of the growth? Most American families (it's not just singles moving here) want a detached house with a yard. Are we supposed to set urban growth limits, which would make metro Denver even more expensive than it already is?

The only reason your beloved Pueblo doesn't have suburban sprawl is because it isn't growing at the rate where it really needs much new housing. Your neighbor 40 minutes to the north is THE textbook case of suburban sprawl gone haywire (hint: it's because people actually want to live there).

Old 03-06-2016, 08:40 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
^^Transplants are not treated like that in my home state, either. Even though I'm now a long timer here, I think it's shameful that newcomers are treated so poorly. In Pennsylvania, you'd be welcome with open arms, especially if you brought some kids into the public school system. My home county has lost population since about 1970, and schools have had to close. That's a far worse problem to have, trust me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver