U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2016, 04:07 PM

6 posts, read 6,460 times

Advertisements

We are, once again, considering the move to Colorado. We are looking to move south or north of Denver. I am a licensed teacher currently living in NV, one of the worst and largest school districts in the nation. Because of this failing district, we have our children in charter schools. If we do choose to move, where will largely depend on where good schools are as one of the top priorities other than safety. I have heard Charter schools are a nightmare trying to get into, so wouldn't mind public if they are good schools.

I want more than just parent ratings on great schools website. I understand some districts are better than others and would like various opinions on schools in cities outside of Denver. Cities like, but not limited to: Arvada, Westminister, Commerce City, Cenntennial, Parker, Castle Rock, Littleton...

Is there anywhere you can looks besides greatschools.org for information? Any information will help as I feel like I'm picking blindly as it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 06:12 PM

958 posts, read 514,899 times
As a teacher I would highly recommend Cherry Creek School District in southeast Aurora and Centennial both for your children and for yourself. It's probably one of the best school districts in the state academically and certainly the most desirable to work for. No need to go to a charter school in CCSD.

Old 03-03-2016, 07:50 PM

2,073 posts, read 1,813,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW211 View Post
Any information will help as I feel like I'm picking blindly as it is.
Yep. Your question is too broad. What price range and any considerations other than school? Commute, close to skiing, trails, etc.

Old 03-04-2016, 12:10 PM

6 posts, read 6,460 times
I don't think it's too broad as I'm specifically and only asking about schools.

Old 03-04-2016, 12:31 PM

3,462 posts, read 1,700,077 times
Quote:
I don't think it's too broad as I'm specifically and only asking about schools.
You said north or south of Denver. Would you go as far south to Colorado Springs or north to Fort Collins? That information is very important.

There's been some good information given in this thread and in your earlier thread where a teacher did weigh in. My opinion would be, in alphabetical order, the Boulder Valley, Cherry Creek and Littleton districts, as others have said. And parts of Jefferson. You mentioned Castle Rock and Parker. They are both in Douglas County and that district has some issues with it's management, and thus, some very unhappy teachers who are leaving. Lots of information on this board regarding this is available with a search.

Last edited by Gorges; 03-04-2016 at 12:40 PM..

Old 03-04-2016, 01:27 PM

650 posts, read 564,459 times
Quote:

Is there anywhere you can looks besides greatschools.org for information? Any information will help as I feel like I'm picking blindly as it is.
Here's another resource but it's for High Schools only.

Search Colorado High Schools | US News

Old 03-09-2016, 09:01 PM

22 posts, read 23,804 times
Cherry Creek is a good school district, but be aware that it is a huge district. We have 4 elementary schools in a 5 mile radius. So look closely. The top middle school is Liberty and a ton of parents love Sky Vista and say you can't go wrong. High School- Grandview was ranked one of the top in Colorado and if you had to chose between Cherokee Trail and EagleCrest- Cherokee Trail. Charter schools are near to impossible if you want a good one or it is new. For example, we had our daughter on the list for Cherry Creek Academy since she was two and is going into kindergarten- she is 176 on the list. A lot of parents I know who live in Parker- love Parker but do not care for the school district (Douglas County)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or