Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 12:09 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,103,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I'm not a Trump supporter

For the record, I'm not breaking any laws, and other states offer the same thing for hybrid and electric cars in HOV lanes. It's nothing new. It's called an incentive.
I never accused anyone of being a Trump supporter.

Of course I'm kidding about the handicap sticker, I would do the exact same thing if owned a hybrid.

Last edited by Good Red Road; 03-16-2016 at 12:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 01:14 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Red Road View Post
I never accused anyone of being a Trump supporter.

Of course I'm kidding about the handicap sticker, I would do the exact same thing if owned a hybrid.
I was joking

Old 03-16-2016, 08:42 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,559,641 times
Here's a lot more in depth video from Channel 7: Debating the use of public-private partnerships to repair Colorado's roads - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com

I'm glad that this senator trusts the voters to raise taxes and fully fund all necessary road projects, but that seems completely delusional to me.

Also interesting to note, the I-70 P3 project will not have toll lanes.

Old 03-17-2016, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Here's a lot more in depth video from Channel 7: Debating the use of public-private partnerships to repair Colorado's roads - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com

I'm glad that this senator trusts the voters to raise taxes and fully fund all necessary road projects, but that seems completely delusional to me.

Also interesting to note, the I-70 P3 project will not have toll lanes.
Where do you get that on the 70 project? Everything I've read said it'll have 2 HOT lanes added in each direction.

And some article this morning says a group is suing over the 70 project. The ones who want to rip out the freeway and put in a unicorn trail

Old 03-17-2016, 08:26 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,559,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Where do you get that on the 70 project? Everything I've read said it'll have 2 HOT lanes added in each direction.

And some article this morning says a group is suing over the 70 project. The ones who want to rip out the freeway and put in a unicorn trail
They said that in the video. I'm going to see a friend involved with the project today. I'll ask.

Old 03-17-2016, 10:52 AM

Quote:
They said that in the video. I'm going to see a friend involved with the project today. I'll ask.
I'm wondering if this lawsuit will further delay the inevitable. Did the "kumbya" crowd scream about the 25 Expansion (TREX)? Didn't hear a peep about the latest widening through Lone Tree. I don't get the deal with the 70 expansion. Mostly it runs through a crap neighborhood where people got their houses cheap due to the crap location. And CDOT has gone too far (IMO) to please people by sinking/capping the freeway. That neighborhood will still be crap, even after all of this is done.

Old 03-17-2016, 10:54 AM

8,605 posts, read 14,891,340 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure the road will have at least one "managed lane" in each direction. That's the euphemism du jour for a tolled lane.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:29 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Got an email yesterday from CDOT, with THREE PAGES of instructions on the new toll lanes in/around Denver.

Three pages of instructions, how's that going to work out for CDOT .... who can retain that much info just to drive on a stretch of highway....

- Express Lane Q&A Sheet.

- Here's the link to SIX PAGES of Hwy 36 Toll Rate and schedules, etc. Six pages.....

- Then there's the YouTube page for WHICH transponder do I need and how do I use the Switchable Lane Transponder.

This is just nuts. Can you imagine the mess this is going to be as people get bills in the mail for using these lanes, get fined, have money problems dealing with the state? Thank you TABOR.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:46 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,634,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Got an email yesterday from CDOT, with THREE PAGES of instructions on the new toll lanes in/around Denver.

Three pages of instructions, how's that going to work out for CDOT .... who can retain that much info just to drive on a stretch of highway....

- Express Lane Q&A Sheet.

- Here's the link to SIX PAGES of Hwy 36 Toll Rate and schedules, etc. Six pages.....

- Then there's the YouTube page for WHICH transponder do I need and how do I use the Switchable Lane Transponder.

This is just nuts. Can you imagine the mess this is going to be as people get bills in the mail for using these lanes, get fined, have money problems dealing with the state? Thank you TABOR.
Maybe with enough backlash, you'll have Democrats and Republicans from both sides of the aisle wanting to repeal TABOR, ripping out all tolls, and making E-470 into I-470 in Colorado by breaking the contract.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:50 AM

8,605 posts, read 14,891,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Maybe with enough backlash, you'll have Democrats and Republicans from both sides of the aisle wanting to repeal TABOR, ripping out all tolls, and making E-470 into I-470 in Colorado by breaking the contract.
That won't happen unless the state is willing to assume repayment of all outstanding debt (which is over $100 million at present).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver