U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2016, 06:44 PM

34 posts, read 27,370 times

Advertisements

Hi, I know someone on this forum has mentioned they have this commute- I'm unable to find the thread through a search. We've bought in Stapleton as of this week, but my daughter will finish out K down near Park Meadows mall. We are contemplatong letting our corporate rental go for May, meaning the above commute for May- 18 days of school.
Will I have to leave more than 45 min for the morning commute for school starting at 845? That's probably the threshold for making it a deal breaker. Otherwise we keep both residences through end of May and allow ourselves the flexibility.

Furthermore my toddler twice a week goes to University and 470 for preschool, which starts at 8:30. Any idea for that commute? Unfortunately I waited until spring break to make this decision so I can't even track traffic for the rest of the week. We have until Thursday to make the decision to leave 30Apr, otherwise it will be end of May/school year.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 08:00 PM

3,942 posts, read 3,238,423 times
My husband did this commute a couple of times per week for a few years. He said during rush hour, it was 45 minutes, occasionally closer to an hour. With no traffic, only about 25 minutes. So it probably all depends on when you would be traveling.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:55 PM

Thanks. In (my own personal) theory this is a reverse commute and would take 30-60 min?

Old 03-29-2016, 09:50 PM

Oh, the times I'll need to be in Lonetree are 830 2x week and 845 the other 3 days per week.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:20 PM

5,608 posts, read 20,670,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britgirlga View Post
Thanks. In (my own personal) theory this is a reverse commute and would take 30-60 min?
No. Not a reverse commute at all. You will experience the full brunt of traffic of cars going from the east side of the metro area down to the Denver Tech Center/ I-25 corridor, no matter whether you take I-225 or try an alternate surface route.

Old 03-30-2016, 06:53 AM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 19 days ago)

10,882 posts, read 29,310,762 times
I think more car commuters work in the Tech Center then work downtown.

When I bought a new house in Highlands Ranch I took the kids to school from south Jeffco to HR from August to February, before we moved in. It was not enjoyable, but it was for the greater good of the family.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:04 AM

Ok thanks- I wasn't thinking of the DTC traffic from the north. We will probably have to keep the rental by school for May. I don't want to drag the kids out of bed in the morning.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:53 AM

20,998 posts, read 11,624,951 times
I think keeping the rental for one more month is the smarter way to go. I commuted from Stapleton to Lowry for my kid to finish out the school year - a much shorter distance and no highway traffic but it really felt like a hassle, so I can't imagine dealing with a drive to Lonetree every day, if you don't have to.

Have you already closed on the new place? Is there any painting, carpet cleaning, floor refinishing, window treatments, etc. that you can get done now, before you move in?

Old 03-30-2016, 11:28 AM

We've closed, and soon our stuff will arrive. We are going to stay there on the weekends, make sure to unpack everything, do a few projects, enjoy the city and our stuff we've been without for 3 mo.
We have a lot of items we have to sell and plan on posting online, but does Stapleton allow garage sales?
I know there is a community one, but should we want to do one before is it allowed? I couldn't find anything on it in the HOA documents we were provided post-offer. The timing of the community one may work for us to sell anything leftover from our online efforts.

Old 03-30-2016, 11:42 AM

20,998 posts, read 11,624,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britgirlga View Post
We've closed, and soon our stuff will arrive. We are going to stay there on the weekends, make sure to unpack everything, do a few projects, enjoy the city and our stuff we've been without for 3 mo.
We have a lot of items we have to sell and plan on posting online, but does Stapleton allow garage sales?
I know there is a community one, but should we want to do one before is it allowed? I couldn't find anything on it in the HOA documents we were provided post-offer. The timing of the community one may work for us to sell anything leftover from our online efforts.
There is no prohibition against garage sales. But my recommendation is to sell stuff online.

Join Nextdoor.com - they will verify your Stapleton address. After that, you can join the Stapleton Swap on Facebook which is our perpetual, 24 hour a day, online garage sale. You post a photo of what you are selling and how much you want, and then make arrangements via PM with the buyer to pick it up. Most people end up just leaving things out on their porch so the buyer can grab it and they make a private arrangement for payment. So much easier than running a garage sale! But if you do want to actually hold a garage sale, it's still good to be on the Swap so you can publicize it on there.

There is a community on Nextdoor and also another separate site on Bigtent, but the Swap is the main one for selling and buying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or