Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 03:15 PM

17 posts, read 12,998 times

Advertisements

Hi all - My boyfriend is moving out to Denver to start working for Lockheed Martin - Space Systems this summer. I'll be following in the months to come. We're trying to find a place with the following criteria. Of course I'm going through the normal websites, but since we can't go out there until summer, I'd love to get the input of people already there on which complexs they've heard good things about!

Must Haves
$1200 month for rent
1 bed / 1.5 bath, at least
Parking Deck and/or Garage aka Covered Parking
No more than 30 minutes from Lockheed Martin
Dog Friendly

Wants
Den would be nice
Walkable - would be great to be relatively close to metro station and around shops/stores.
Gated/Gate Code

The following look like potential contenders:
Loretto Heights
Silver Cliff Apartments
Greenwood Point
Monte Vista Apartments
The Wellshire
Alexan CityCenter

Any help is much appreciated!

Last edited by MovingtofromGA; 03-30-2016 at 03:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 04:02 PM

42 posts, read 57,202 times
Is this the Lockheed Martin near Roxborough Park (I believe it has a Littleton address, South Wadsworth Boulevard), or nearer to town (Mead Way address)? This will lead to some difference in where to look.

Do you have work that needs to be in downtown Denver, or is it more portable?

In general, locations on Broadway (e.g. Monte Vista or Greenwood Point), or along the light-rail (Alexan) will have best access to Denver. Colorado Blvd (e.g. the Wellshire) may be an ok commute out toward Lockheed, but can be crowded going in the other direction.

Simply based on location, from those on your list, I'd pick Monte Vista: walking distance to decent shopping, two major transit (bus) routes that lead to Denver and a major mall, and easy access to the highway to get to Lockheed. This is a very safe area of town, with decent parks.

Old 03-30-2016, 04:27 PM

South Wadsworth location for Lockheed. Not sure on my location for work yet (the biggest hurdle to overcome!). There is potential that I could be working from home.

Thanks for the input! Right now we're leaning towards the Alexan, but I'd love to find a place that has 1.5 baths.

Old 03-30-2016, 04:36 PM

The South Wadsworth location is a little off the beaten path: indeed, it is closer to the neighbourhood of Roxborough Park than to downtown Littleton.

You may want to expand your search, and see if anything in the Ken Caryl area meets your needs. This is more of a suburban area, but there are apartments with access to stores, parks, and transit.

You may also have luck in seeing if there are houses for rent in the Roxborough area. You may get lucky with rent, though transit is lacking in that neighbourhood.

Last edited by cesium; 03-30-2016 at 04:57 PM.. Reason: Edited for accuracy (thanks, Hawaii :) ).

Old 03-30-2016, 04:52 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,593,038 times
Actually, there is a subdivision on S. Wadsworth south of C470 that is in the Littleton City limits. How that happened is a l-o-n-g story.

Note that the area around Wadsworth and C470 does have Littleton addresses even though most of it is not in the city limits. I just looked up the commercial areas north of C470, and they all list a Littleton address. Places that are in Ken Caryl will also have a Littleton address, because addresses are assigned by post office and there is no Ken Caryl mailing address. Even the post office in Ken Caryl has a Littleton mailing address.

There are a lot of nice apartments just north of C470 between So. Santa Fe Drive and So. Broadway. Those would be convenient to the light rail, should you find work in downtown Denver.

Old 03-31-2016, 09:41 AM

Looking at Promenade Place in Denver Tech Center (I think that's the location). Anyone heard anything about those apartments?

Old 03-31-2016, 09:48 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,599,476 times
I live in Littleton and you will not find a rental for close to 1200.00-like I said in other posts my neighbor is a renter and pays 2100 a month for a townhome (2 bedroom, 2 bath).

I suggest you do a little more homework-rent is sky high here...
My friend lived in the Promendade-if I remember he paid 1800 for a 1 bedroom, however it is a very nice apartment complex.

Old 03-31-2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I live in Littleton and you will not find a rental for close to 1200.00-like I said in other posts my neighbor is a renter and pays 2100 a month for a townhome (2 bedroom, 2 bath).

I suggest you do a little more homework-rent is sky high here...
My friend lived in the Promendade-if I remember he paid 1800 for a 1 bedroom, however it is a very nice apartment complex.
Interesting! I've found a few places that are within our range. We can afford more, but are looking to save up for the future.

Old 03-31-2016, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingtofromGA View Post
Looking at Promenade Place in Denver Tech Center (I think that's the location). Anyone heard anything about those apartments?
DTC is a decent area. I have visited this apartment, and it seemed nice, though I do not know much about its management. This area is largely office buildings, and does not have a great "walkability" in terms of lots of shops/restaurants (many close early especially on the weekend, they primarily serve the office towers there). It is safe, quiet, and accessible to many jobs, but it can feel a little isolating if you're looking for more of a "city" life.

Congratulations on his assignment, I've several good friends who have worked at Lockheed, and they have had good things to say.

Old 03-31-2016, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesium View Post
DTC is a decent area. I have visited this apartment, and it seemed nice, though I do not know much about its management. This area is largely office buildings, and does not have a great "walkability" in terms of lots of shops/restaurants (many close early especially on the weekend, they primarily serve the office towers there). It is safe, quiet, and accessible to many jobs, but it can feel a little isolating if you're looking for more of a "city" life.

Congratulations on his assignment, I've several good friends who have worked at Lockheed, and they have had good things to say.
Hmm, good to know. I didn't even think about hours - I guess I just assumed they'd be normal hours. Would that be the same for Alexan City Center as well?

Thank you! Yes - he's very excited, and I'm excited for him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver