U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2016, 11:38 AM

1 posts, read 456 times

Advertisements

My company opened an office in Denver a year ago and I have been asked to relocate there for a year or two to assist in managing the location. We are interested in getting any feedback or suggestions on locations to avoid, etc.

We are started our research and planning for a summer time move (anywhere between June - August). We have two children (3 y/o and 1 y/o) and two dogs (that will make things more limited with the pets). My office is located by 6th Ave and just east of HWY 25. We are looking to stay around 30 - 40 minute commute on an average day if possible. My wife is speech therapist but will be staying home with the kids for awhile (has a home based business as well). The kids will not be in school but we may try to find a church school/daycare if one comes available (we assume most will be booked up).

We are not particular on the house/townhouse, etc. overall, but at least a 3 bedroom. Being near rail would be nice for weekend trips into town but not a necessity. We would be more interested in areas with parks (seems like there are plenty around). Our budget (not fully set yet) it around $1800 - $2400.

We are coming to Denver the last weekend of April to look around, see a few neighborhoods and try to visit a few rentals (I assume most we would see will not be available for a June rental with the fast moving rental market). We do have our deposits saved up and ready in case we find the right one.

Any suggestions on locations, rental companies to contact, or other ideas are welcomed. We have been looking at Arvada, Lakewood, Littleton and Stapleton areas mostly on padmapper and zillow. We have looked at a few other areas but inventory is limited.

We are currently living an in Tampa, FL and have already found a renter for our home while we are gone.

Thanks ahead of time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 12:48 PM

13,950 posts, read 20,207,715 times
Your budget is not $1800 to $2400.
It is $2400 for a 3 bedroom. All areas will be "nice".
You have dogs and we have specific breed bans in certain locales.
You have dogs and we have fussy landlords.

Just ask us about specific locations and we will chime in, usually within a few hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver