Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 11:29 PM

57 posts, read 75,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty-Mill View Post
Yes it's Menver. Being a single male in Denver is horribly depressing.
Can't be too bad. But nevertheless I am sorry to hear that. Women outnumber men big time on the east coast so we need a city where things are a little more even
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 11:34 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetonmom View Post
Thanks. I have but again often times the conversation deals with younger folks.
Yet the answers remain the same.......
Perhaps the lack of using kid slang would help your plight.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:05 AM

57 posts, read 75,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Yet the answers remain the same.......
Perhaps the lack of using kid slang would help your plight.
Thanks for being incredibly unhelpful. Perhaps post to a thread where you could provide insight rather than meaningless conversation. It's a waste of energy for both of us.

Old 04-27-2016, 07:24 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,209,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
It depends :-}

Statwise it is false as most gender demographics show men/women as 50/50.
Denver County Colorado QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau
It has been over a year since I last explained this, so I will explain it again...

In Colorado, as in every State, there is a huge surplus of women over the age of 55 (the sex ratio at birth is 1.06 men for each women, but men start to die off much quicker after the age of about 25) which skews the overall ratio. Nationwide there are about 3% more total women then men, so Colorado having an equal number of total men to women is actually an indication that there are far more younger men then women in Colorado. Additionally the census data fails to account for a lot of legal and illegal Mexican immigrants residing in Colorado which run about 60% male, and a lot of Military persons living part time in CO which run about 80% male.

This city data chart for one zip code in Denver with a "50/50 sex ratio" is a good visual representation of what a balanced sex ratio looks like when broken down by age...
http://www.city-data.com/zips/80222.html

Old 04-27-2016, 08:51 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,494,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
It has been over a year since I last explained this, so I will explain it again...

In Colorado, as in every State, there is a huge surplus of women over the age of 55 (the sex ratio at birth is 1.06 men for each women, but men start to die off much quicker after the age of about 25) which skews the overall ratio. Nationwide there are about 3% more total women then men, so Colorado having an equal number of total men to women is actually an indication that there are far more younger men then women in Colorado. Additionally the census data fails to account for a lot of legal and illegal Mexican immigrants residing in Colorado which run about 60% male, and a lot of Military persons living part time in CO which run about 80% male.

This city data chart for one zip code in Denver with a "50/50 sex ratio" is a good visual representation of what a balanced sex ratio looks like when broken down by age...
http://www.city-data.com/zips/80222.html
Robert5 that distribution seems absolutely dead on. The 30-45 range (where I am) in Denver is like a sausage fest in the real world and that chart backs it up.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:53 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,494,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty-Mill View Post
Yes it's Menver. Being a single male in Denver is horribly depressing.
I have to agree...definitely the worse place I have seen.

I'll just add anecdotal real-life experiences here...I fly for work to Virginia, NY, Los Angeles, San Fran and go to a bar I can instantly meet 2-3 single dateable women. Online is even more efficient in these locations with literally 5 girls ready for dates that night.

Here in Denver, I would be lucky to meet 1 woman in my age bracket (30-45) that is dateable and more than likely online it would require 2-3 weeks of "texting" and filtering before meeting a decent (fit/7-8 looks) girl for a physical date.

It's Menver indeed.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:56 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,220,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetonmom View Post
Thanks for your reply. Yeah I sort of figured that. It's not that I'm 420 unfriendly but it's just not a part of my life. I don't smoke so I'd rather be around others who don't smoke either. I'm more the mom type who spends most of the time with her kids & yet when I can I like to go out for dinner, drinks, a show or just to a bar to have some drinks, let my hair down & have fun. I prefer men who are professionals, laid-back & not stuffy, but who are responsible & can be the good fatherly figure/good husband who is also like a very cool best friend type. I'm pretty simple I think & get along with most people. Just know it's hard meeting single men my age when most of your time is spent doing family things... All I end up meeting are married men from school & the kid's activities and that's no good
Move to an apartment complex in Stapleton. Seems like so many of the heterosexual couples are getting divorced in their late 30s to mid 40s, and the divorced dads move to nearby apartments. And from what I've seen in my neighborhood, it's not typically a problem with the husbands. Seems to be that the wives suddenly go nuts. So there are probably decent, available men in the Stapleton apartment buildings. Only negative could be that they all have kids.

Old 04-27-2016, 09:18 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,366,258 times
I'm almost 40, with friends crossing a wide range of age groups. The only people I know who are really into the 420 scene have legitimate medical reasons for using it, like crippling arthritis or MS or combat-related PTSD, or they're in their 20s. There's gonna be a joint passed around at any party, but no one's getting super-stoned or using every day. Sometimes you'll catch a whiff of it in the street. The 420 situation is greatly exaggerated compared to reality, from what I can tell. And having lived across from a crackhouse my first few years here, I definitely prefer close proximity to the 420 scene, lol.

As for Menver, if you're under 50, it's very much true. But don't feel bad for the guys - they have breweries, distilleries, professional sports, amateur sport leagues, winter sports, concerts, the great outdoors, and any number of cultural events etc. to keep them occupied.

Old 04-27-2016, 09:46 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,175,334 times
Lol I can't ever see moving to Denver
just to try to improve your love life.
Honestly....I have met people who
moved here from Denver.
They're true to that ultra liberal
hippie granola eating stereo type.....
So that killed my desire
to ever see Denver.

Single men out there must be frustrated,
if that's the typical female population.

Old 04-27-2016, 09:54 AM

2,054 posts, read 2,567,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Robert5 that distribution seems absolutely dead on. The 30-45 range (where I am) in Denver is like a sausage fest in the real world and that chart backs it up.
Sausage fest! One of my fave terms for the bar scene in nearly every large city, for men of a certain age, like me, who aren't into sausage

I think in general, men aged 30-35 are up against a brick wall. a lot of women want to be married by that age, but more men don't want that just yet. Thus the age gap between marrieds, which I guesstimate would be about 2-4 years.

In our 40's, you are looking at crowds nationally that are divorcees. Kids or no kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver