U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 02:28 AM

57 posts, read 54,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Lol I can't ever see moving to Denver
just to try to improve your love life.
Honestly....I have met people who
moved here from Denver.
They're true to that ultra liberal
hippie granola eating stereo type.....
So that killed my desire
to ever see Denver.

Single men out there must be frustrated,
if that's the typical female population.
Never said that. I'm not thinking of moving to Denver "just to try to improve my love life". I moved west from the east coast a few years ago and like living out here. I've been in a small town though & now that I'm ready to make a move, go ahead & purchase a house I'd just prefer to be somewhere a little less secluded. That's why I started looking into Denver. Nonetheless, I've spent the past 6-7 years focusing on different things & my family so during that time I wasn't interested in dating anyone. Now that I'm coming into a time in my life where I have more time & more of a desire for a relationship I just don't want to move somewhere where it's super hard to meet available men, my age or older, who looking for the same.

For the record, I'm more conservative & not really into the hippie type but I'd be fine with a frustrated man More loving for me & more satisfaction for him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I think that stereotype is true and let's throw hairy feminist on there too LOL.
Oh no.. I'm definitely not hairy. I like men being men & being manly & I like my girly ways & femininity.

Old 05-06-2016, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
Lol, I know. People keep saying it's all in your head, Denver's no different than the rest of the country and then post like the Wikipedia MF ratio.

I've went to DC on a trip, where people say there's a lot of women, and I found it to be true. Just looking at the # of unaccompanied females vs males on the train or walking about downtown or whatever, it's like night and day difference between DC and Denver.
It's true... I am originally from that area and it is definitely a great place for men. Many attractive, single, professional women to choose from. Not so much the other way around. Seems like every man is married or has a girlfriend or is just a serial dater not looking to ever settle down.

Some women say that, at least DC & NY men, are less committed, cheat more & always looking for the next best thing (not my words). I'm not sure you can say that about all men in a given area though but I have heard that from a lot from women. Who knows...

Old 05-06-2016, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty-Mill View Post
Many of the people moving here work in the tech sector. The tech sector is dominated by younger men.

I do think many men that relocate in Denver have expectations that are too high. If you are a single man in Denver you have to be willing to date women of any age (including significantly older than you) and you have to be willing to date women that are morbidly obese (even if you take very good care of yourself).
That seems pretty crazy. How can someone be into a woman they're not even attracted too. I always heard that the women in Colorado are beautiful because of the outdoorsy & athletic lifestyle. Guess those are the ones taken already. Hmmm... Interesting hearing from men who live there on this topic.

Old 05-06-2016, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post
I lived in both Seattle and Denver.

If you're looking for a clean cut, professional, business type man you'll be disappointed in both cities.

In Denver be prepared to see lots of: hipsters, potheads, meatheads, ski bums, bums, 30 year-olds still not knowing what to do with their lives, and lots of beards beards BEARDS!

Seattle: hipsters, potheads, outdoorsmen/mountainmen living in a tent (literally), socially retarded "introverts", and even more socially retarted computer geeks. I did not know what socially awkward truly meant until I moved to Seattle! Oh yeah - and beards.

I would recommend Houston, Austin, Chicago, San Diego/LA for a much better dating environment (for both genders).
Hmm... Okay.. I do tend to date clean cut business types but not the type to get manicures & spend their days at the spa rather ones who have a clear manly side & don't mind getting dirty & enjoy being outdoors. Beards are sexy to me.. until it's time to get intimate then men...you gotta get rid of the beards!

Seattle has never interested me for some reason. San Diego is a city I've wondered about. Most of my family is still on the east coast so I'm a little hesitant to go as far away as CA. Chicago worries me when it comes to crime rates. I'm not sure if that's accurate but just my initial thought. Anywhere further south is just too hot for me. I like the winters & mild weather. Not too big on super hot summers or crazy humidity even if the humidity will help me age gracefully

Old 05-06-2016, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Ski View Post
If you fit the "template", this is one of the best cities for dating in my opinion.

If you are into camping, skiing, and beer, and want someone who likes the same, this is your ideal spot. It's more outgoing than Seattle or Portland. You can still go to a random bar on a weeknight and strike up a conversation with strangers...try doing that in Seattle or Portland.

As a gay male, this has been my favorite dating spot. I'm not a hipster, but I do have a beard, and like beer and beards. And I spend every weekend skiing or camping, so it's been pretty great so far. I would never have been able to find someone to go on a 2 night, 15 mile, snowshoe backpack trip as a date back home.
I live in a town where people are always active outdoors & I like that. I bike & hike a lot. Love to ski, paddle board & swim, go camping, rock climbing, ice climbing and all of that. Beer not so much but I drink from time to time. One of the things I like the most about this area is that people tend to get out no matter how cold it gets here in the winter and in the summer the same goes for enjoying the warm weather.

As a gay man, which do you think there are more of, single men in the 35-45 range are looking men or women?

Old 05-06-2016, 07:15 AM

14,123 posts, read 20,889,791 times
Ummm no. It's not the it's raining men fantasy like you think...Trust me

Old 05-06-2016, 08:34 AM

3,768 posts, read 4,639,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetonmom View Post
That seems pretty crazy. How can someone be into a woman they're not even attracted too. I always heard that the women in Colorado are beautiful because of the outdoorsy & athletic lifestyle. Guess those are the ones taken already. Hmmm... Interesting hearing from men who live there on this topic.
Depends on what type of women someone likes. If you like the hard body small chested women, then yes Denver has considerably more than most places, if you like women who are in good shape but still have curves and no six packs, than they are about average for the women I have seen around the country. Also that is not taking into account their actual face, nor their attitudes both of which can turn an attractive body into a huge turnoff.

Old 05-07-2016, 08:32 AM

9,012 posts, read 8,314,677 times
Quote:
Never said that. I'm not thinking of moving to Denver "just to try to improve my love life". I moved west from the east coast a few years ago and like living out here. I've been in a small town though & now that I'm ready to make a move, go ahead & purchase a house I'd just prefer to be somewhere a little less secluded. That's why I started looking into Denver. Nonetheless, I've spent the past 6-7 years focusing on different things & my family so during that time I wasn't interested in dating anyone. Now that I'm coming into a time in my life where I have more time & more of a desire for a relationship I just don't want to move somewhere where it's super hard to meet available men, my age or older, who looking for the same.

For the record, I'm more conservative & not really into the hippie type but I'd be fine with a frustrated man More loving for me & more satisfaction for him
Lol.....OK......
You claim never said that you're trying
to improve your love life.....

Gosh well go re read your first post

That's the obvious underlying message.
Deny it if you want to lol

Like someone else pointed out.....
I'm pretty sure it's not exactly raining men there lol
At least not straight men

Old 05-07-2016, 09:35 AM

214 posts, read 193,499 times
Quote:
Men will lower their standards until they find someone. That is why there are so many mid to late 20s men dating mid to late 30s women in Denver.

Regarding looks... I moved here from a fat state and didn't really notice much of a difference when it comes to looks. It seems like boulder has a lot of really fit people, Denver has a lot of fit people but they are mostly younger men. A lot of the "outdoorsy" people have really gross skin from excessive sun exposure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or