U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 02:07 AM
g89

126 posts, read 146,287 times

Advertisements

black male
mid 20's
from nyc
due to my work schedule I could go out from thursday-sunday
....when I'm not single or 'serious' with someone I'm sleeping with at least 2 new chicks every week + the ones I still want to sleep with

women are much harder to 'bed' in nyc...its just way easier out here lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 09:07 AM

3 posts, read 2,368 times
I've always felt it was pretty even when I'm out on the weekends, plenty of men and women.

On the other hand, as a guy who just hit his 30s, I haven't found it difficult to find single attractive women and I'm no Adonis or Don Juan (or whatever). In fact, I've met way more out mountain biking than I have in while out on the town. Made some pretty awesome friends while I've been at it as well.

Denver seems to be a very "your mileage may vary" type of place. Really depends on what you're into.

Old 05-12-2016, 09:12 AM

1,112 posts, read 1,873,391 times
A lot of women foolishly get excited when theh hear a particular city has more males. What they don't stop to learn is that many of them don't have the salary and education requirements that a typical college-educated female desires. Many of these cities have a ton of migrant worker men from Mexico. Many of the guys are construction workers on contract who will either leave or won't be employed in the near future due to the seasonal nature of those jobs. The other issue, just a hard objective fact here, is that a lot of them are IT employees who are of the Asian race (be it Indian or Chinese). This is especially true in the Bay Area. Truth is most women don't want that either. So while the statistics may show these cities have more males, the reality is that they are not candy stores full of Abercombie 6'4" white males making $100,000/yr as a doctor. IT workers are your best bet as far as marriage material goes in these cities, but just know that they usually aren't desirable in the looks department.

Last edited by skidamarink; 05-12-2016 at 09:27 AM..

Old 05-12-2016, 09:32 AM

760 posts, read 591,487 times
^ lol, yeah that is totally true. I have also noticed that there are a lot of overweight, non physical, women who move here wanting some athletic, 14er climber. Problem is, those guys want to same thing from the girls they date. I know it's kind of offensive...but it's pretty true. The average female Tinder profiles are identical. It's usually like:
"Hey just moved here from (insert boring state), I love hiking and camping, looking for a someone who enjoys the same and can show me around". Then the profile picture is her standing near Bear Lake or Trail Ridge Road with a Colorado shirt.

BTW, I'm a gay male so it's not like I'm in the dating game or anything.

Gay guys here are either in 3 categories.

Some pretentious hipster who moved here from LA, SF, NYC, Chicago. Has a picture that makes them look really rugged in the mountains. Claims they like to hike and camp. You meet them, and they turn out to be really prissy and boring. Act as if they are above living is such a "small city".

The semi closeted ones. Usually has a photo of them wearing camo, riding in a huge truck, or shirtless cropping out their head. They will only meet you if they get really drunk. Are from Montana, Wyoming, Nebraska, Texas, etc. You can date for months and they will never let you meet their friends. High chances they are married and have kids, or have had.

Then there are the ghosts. They are genuinely outdoor enthusiasts. Are very active with climbing, back country skiing, backpacking, etc. Usually very attractive. But they do not associate with any aspect of gay culture. They aren't on sites or apps, don't go to gay bars, do no have gay friends. You only find these guys by making friends through those activities, and they will never come out and tell you they are gay.

Old 05-12-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Ski View Post
You only find these guys by making friends through those activities, and they will never come out and tell you they are gay.
I think thats the only way anyone will meet the fantasy image of the Colorado man that they want. Colorado is meant for recreation, so if youre not hardcore into that stuff its just up to luck that youll have a strong social network. When I lived in Seattle, all the tall hot ski bums/climbers guys had hot ski bum/climber girlfriends who were just as skilled in such sports than the guys themselves. This is a city that is notorious for its ugly women yet these guys still never seemed to have problems finding hot girls. So the lesson to be learned is that just because it doesnt seem like you have stiff competition in dating doesnt mean youre gonna take home the dream man.

Old 05-12-2016, 04:15 PM

6,965 posts, read 6,579,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
I think thats the only way anyone will meet the fantasy image of the Colorado man that they want. Colorado is meant for recreation, so if youre not hardcore into that stuff its just up to luck that youll have a strong social network. When I lived in Seattle, all the tall hot ski bums/climbers guys had hot ski bum/climber girlfriends who were just as skilled in such sports than the guys themselves. This is a city that is notorious for its ugly women yet these guys still never seemed to have problems finding hot girls. So the lesson to be learned is that just because it doesnt seem like you have stiff competition in dating doesnt mean youre gonna take home the dream man.
Being a great skier, climber, kayaker added 1-2 points on the 10 point scale.

Old 05-12-2016, 04:24 PM

760 posts, read 591,487 times
Yeah, I know I have disappointed a few girls while out and about here. I'm 6'6, bearded, athletic, etc ("the template"). And I'll start talking about my recent climbing trips or whatever. After a few drinks I spill that I am gay and I can see the disappointment in their face. I'm a very social guy and will talk to anyone I see at the bar, so I'm sure sometimes it comes off as interest to others.

Old 05-12-2016, 07:10 PM

9,224 posts, read 15,948,946 times
Quote:
Yeah, I know I have disappointed a few girls while out and about here. I'm 6'6, bearded, athletic, etc ("the template"). And I'll start talking about my recent climbing trips or whatever. After a few drinks I spill that I am gay and I can see the disappointment in their face. I'm a very social guy and will talk to anyone I see at the bar, so I'm sure sometimes it comes off as interest to others.
Let's go pickup ladies together MN_Ski... I'll just let you talk and then scoop up the disappointed ladies after you spill the beans.

I'll buy all the drinks...Deal?

Old 05-12-2016, 09:37 PM

4,552 posts, read 3,654,765 times
Quote:
Yeah, a lot of girls were probably upset about that. I'm a younger, straight female and I always run into this problem, lol They probably saw you were nice, and tall especially, and they thought you were the dream! Total let down I'm sure.

I just came here to find out if MENVER is true out of curiosity. There's a chance I might move to Denver in the future. Any place will seem male-infested compared to Tucson. I swear Tucson is a 2:1 female to male ratio. That's what it feels like, anyway. Phoenix feels like it too in Old Town and Tempe.

Old 05-12-2016, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Either that, or they think you are just speaking code and trying to indirectly tell them you're not interested or they will think you're another jerk who's trying to mess with their minds. Be careful talking to females at bars like that. They might not believe you're really gay. Of course women are going to give in to your flirtations when you're 6'6". Being that tall is like being a skinny chick with huge boobs. I would personally be kinda pissed if a hot gay guy started talking to me in a bar like that "just to be nice." You're in a bar, come on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or