U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 02:00 PM

3,111 posts, read 4,888,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
I grew up in Harvey Park. The MCM houses are okay, but small, and that part of Harvey Park is not as nice as it is further west. The homes are near the Burns Brentwood neighborhood which is not great.

Today, the MCM blocks are very hit and miss in terms of the quality of the homes and upkeep. It is not a place I would spend nearly $400,000 to live.
That should read further east.

Here is how that area works.

Houses between Federal to Lowell are not great.

Houses between Lowell and Raleigh are hit and miss. And the area is not gentrifying as fast as other neighborhoods are.

Houses between Raleigh and Sheridan are good.

None of that area is great, but it has hit bottom and is starting to rebound.

My parents moved out of the neighborhood about 10 years ago, but they just moved to Lakewood Estates. I still drive through the area often as one of their favorite restaurants is on Federal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2016, 05:09 PM

2,254 posts, read 4,510,523 times
Besides the bad kitchen, I also find that weird front fence that goes into the window annoying. I realize they were trying to create a larger "private" area but it just looks wrong. It's a nice house but why did they paint all of the woodwork white, including the ceiling beam? Wood was a major element in MCM houses but people buy them and then slather white paint on everything. All of the window frames, doors, and beams should be natural or stained wood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver