U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 09:20 AM

955 posts, read 514,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Things are going to get better in Douglas County soon. I posted this in the Highlands Ranch thread. The superintendent just resigned which is a great start. The email below was sent to DCSD parents. It is only a matter of time before the entire board is turned over.
I wouldn't be too sure. The superintendent carries out board policies... And I'm afraid her resignation will only detract from the real struggle, especially if the board brings in someone opposed to the GVC but who won't fix the compensation issue. This is what the movement gets for turning legitimate grievances into a personal vendetta against Fagan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 11:12 AM

12,245 posts, read 8,036,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by history nerd View Post
I wouldn't be too sure. The superintendent carries out board policies... And I'm afraid her resignation will only detract from the real struggle, especially if the board brings in someone opposed to the GVC but who won't fix the compensation issue. This is what the movement gets for turning legitimate grievances into a personal vendetta against Fagan.
I am staying optimistic. The rest of the board will be voted out in 2017 and a lot of the grievances are against the board itself. I believe the board threw Fagan under the bus after two of the members were found to bully a student during an "interrogation". The two board members in question should be forced to resign for their actions. Fagan was just a puppet. The people spoke last year when 3 new board members were voted in and I am confident it will happen again in the 2017 elections.

Old 06-02-2016, 11:30 AM

955 posts, read 514,525 times
Quote:
I am staying optimistic. The rest of the board will be voted out in 2017 and a lot of the grievances are against the board itself. I believe the board threw Fagan under the bus after two of the members were found to bully a student during an "interrogation". The two board members in question should be forced to resign for their actions. Fagan was just a puppet. The people spoke last year when 3 new board members were voted in and I am confident it will happen again in the 2017 elections.
You did see that the investigator looking into the school board members had previously worked on their campaign, right?

Old 06-02-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by history nerd View Post
You did see that the investigator looking into the school board members had previously worked on their campaign, right?
Gordon Netzorg is the arbitrator hired for the investigation. I have not heard he worked on their campaigns. Can you provide a link or something that shows his ties with their campaigns? I did research it but I couldn't find anything. The only thing I could find was a comment about Netzorg representing Alex Cranberg who was the biggest contributor to the campaigns of the two board of education members that are being investigated. So indirectly he is associated with their campaigns.

https://www.dcsdk12.org/sites/defaul...or%20Named.pdf

Old 06-02-2016, 12:08 PM

13,947 posts, read 20,196,196 times
Quote:
Gordon Netzorg
Skip Netzorg has not been called Gordon (by anyone other than his mother) for over 30 years.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Skip Netzorg has not been called Gordon (by anyone other than his mother) for over 30 years.
Thanks. I will remember that when I meet him for happy hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or