U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-30-2016, 10:52 PM
 
Location: Coos Bay, Oregon
7,142 posts, read 8,875,789 times
Reputation: 7732

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
It is pure propaganda to blame the legalization of weed. Yes it has drawn in some of the freaks that hang around 16th street but weed is not the cause of their behavior. I can't blame weed on the pipe swinging fool. There had to be other drugs involved, mental illness or even all of the above.
Yeah, anyone who believes that weed makes people violent, doesn’t know much about marijuana. Though there are likely many violent people who do use marijuana. If you want to get rid of drugs that make people violent, look no farther then alcohol. Where are there more fights, at a bar or at a dispensary?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-30-2016, 11:13 PM
 
Location: Coos Bay, Oregon
7,142 posts, read 8,875,789 times
Reputation: 7732
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic111 View Post
So much for the police crackdown. The police chief seems like a lot more talk then action. I wonder if he will have another press conference, to announce another crackdown. If he is going to talk tough like that, he really should get some more cops on the mall first, and start dealing with the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2016, 12:41 AM
 
Location: Washington Park, Denver
6,941 posts, read 6,550,788 times
Reputation: 7426
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
So much for the police crackdown. The police chief seems like a lot more talk then action. I wonder if he will have another press conference, to announce another crackdown. If he is going to talk tough like that, he really should get some more cops on the mall first, and start dealing with the problem.
I don't understand how you think that this is evidence that the police are not "cracking down". They were able to respond in 3 minutes and apprehend the suspect. They said the fast response time was due in part to an increased presence on the mall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2016, 06:44 AM
SQL SQL started this thread
 
Location: The State of Delusion - Colorado
1,337 posts, read 847,651 times
Reputation: 1492
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
For the record, people carrying concealed weapons have been present at mass shootings. In 100% of the cases, they kept their weapons concealed, and did not get involved. In interviews they have said, their first and main concern was to distance themselves from the incident, so arriving LEOs would not mistake them for being involved.
I haven't read that, but that's a valid point as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2016, 07:10 AM
 
Location: Coos Bay, Oregon
7,142 posts, read 8,875,789 times
Reputation: 7732
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I don't understand how you think that this is evidence that the police are not "cracking down". They were able to respond in 3 minutes and apprehend the suspect. They said the fast response time was due in part to an increased presence on the mall.
Well, for one thing, this was the fourth disturbance by this guy, the police responded to in less then 45 minutes. If they weren't going to arrest him by the third time, you would think they would have at least been keeping an eye on him. If they really had all this extra presence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2016, 08:44 AM
 
Location: In The Thin Air
12,279 posts, read 8,084,120 times
Reputation: 8917
The mayor wants the businesses to be more responsible for not attracting these people especially the dispensaries and he called out the McDonald's on 16th street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2016, 10:11 AM
 
808 posts, read 430,359 times
Reputation: 1811
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Yeah, anyone who believes that weed makes people violent, doesn’t know much about marijuana. Though there are likely many violent people who do use marijuana. If you want to get rid of drugs that make people violent, look no farther then alcohol. Where are there more fights, at a bar or at a dispensary?
The pipe wielding individual was likely drunk while on other substances based on his past many arrests in Indiana. He had been arrested for drunkenly attacking random people in a convenience store back in his hometown, and also arrested again for selling pills. I doubt marijuana was the culprit here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2016, 10:39 AM
 
Location: In The Thin Air
12,279 posts, read 8,084,120 times
Reputation: 8917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe333 View Post
The pipe wielding individual was likely drunk while on other substances based on his past many arrests in Indiana. He had been arrested for drunkenly attacking random people in a convenience store back in his hometown, and also arrested again for selling pills. I doubt marijuana was the culprit here.
It most likely isn't the culprit but that is what the rest of the nation is thinking when they see this video. A lot of people are saying "Look at the pot head in Denver swinging a pipe." I know a lot of people on here are probably happy that the nation sees it that way because it may help with the influx of transplants but I don't want that image for our city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2016, 10:40 AM
SQL SQL started this thread
 
Location: The State of Delusion - Colorado
1,337 posts, read 847,651 times
Reputation: 1492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
The mayor wants the businesses to be more responsible for not attracting these people especially the dispensaries and he called out the McDonald's on 16th street.
I understand the dispensaries being more responsible, but how is McDonald's responsible for attracting them? They sell cheap food and have always sold cheap food. It's not like they can change their business model.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2016, 10:42 AM
SQL SQL started this thread
 
Location: The State of Delusion - Colorado
1,337 posts, read 847,651 times
Reputation: 1492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
It most likely isn't the culprit but that is what the rest of the nation is thinking when they see this video. A lot of people are saying "Look at the pot head in Denver swinging a pipe." I know a lot of people on here are probably happy that the nation sees it that way because it may help with the influx of transplants but I don't want that image for our city.
Yes, this is a blatant and calculated attack on the pot industry. The story on World News Tonight last night was definitely part of a larger smear campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top