Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 06:48 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmama50 View Post
Also a big technology conference and a softball tournament going on.
Good call. ISTE 2016 Denver might have something to do with it. The OP picked a bad week to come to Denver. Major conferences do tend to fill up hotels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2016, 07:44 PM

1,225 posts, read 3,229,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
The hotel/motel rates in Denver are VERY HIGH that is for sure.

I just find this comical myself, how much people will trip over themselves to come to this state.

I usually stay in motels myself because I am not well-off and I prefer no-frills plus motels usually have free WIFI.

I don't stay in motels here but I do check the rates. The rates on motels I pay in San Diego, nice Los Angeles suburbs are a good $20-$30 cheaper then what I would pay here.

I can't understand why people would pay more just mountains when they can have mountains and beach.

It seems as though the rates are Sunday-Thursday are nearly double what they are in Las Vegas and Phoenix.
Oh dear god. It's supply and demand. If the hotels were unable to make money, they would lower the rates.

For what it's worth, Denver has been an in-demand destination for at least the better part of the decade. I worked in the hotel industry (front desk) when I moved here in 2004 and worked in that industry until 2009. The same thing was typical back then. Hotels around the city sold out at high rates for big events and those who failed to make reservations got to sleep in their cars because there were no rooms available. People act like this is some kind of brand new phenomena due to weed. This is what happens when the economy is good in your region. Visitors drop big dollars. It could be worse... 5 star hotels in Greece are going for pennies on the dollar. Oh, the horror... Denver is in demand. The economy is way too strong. The sky is falling!

Old 06-26-2016, 07:57 PM

558 posts, read 338,306 times
Thank you for all the comments.

Hats off to Dreaming for AirBnB. I can sleep on someone’s couch for $30 in the Denver apartment complex I just moved from. Yes, there is a 99% chance they are serial killers and cannibals, but I will take my chances to spend a night in Denver.

Old 06-26-2016, 10:39 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catpeople View Post
thank you for all the comments.

Hats off to dreaming for airbnb. I can sleep on someone’s couch for $30 in the denver apartment complex i just moved from. Yes, there is a 99% chance they are serial killers and cannibals, but i will take my chances to spend a night in denver.
rip

Old 06-27-2016, 07:26 AM

1,227 posts, read 1,281,358 times
A quick login to marriott.com this morning shows two hotels available tonight, neither a dump; Courtyard DTC and Denver Marriott South, $300 or so. <shrugs>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver