U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 07:13 PM

209 posts, read 119,787 times

Advertisements

I was looking up a hotel in the Denver area for Monday, June 27, 2016. Hotels.com had exactly 1, an apparent dump near the airport. I thought maybe there was a web site glitch, so I checked Expedia. Nothing. Logged onto hotel sites directly. Nothing. Closest ones were Black Hawk and Springs area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 07:15 PM

191 posts, read 147,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPeople View Post
I was looking up a hotel in the Denver area for Monday, June 27, 2016. Hotels.com had exactly 1, an apparent dump near the airport. I thought maybe there was a web site glitch, so I checked Expedia. Nothing. Logged onto hotel sites directly. Nothing. Closest ones were Black Hawk and Springs area.
Legal weed, pretty self-explanatory.

Where else would all the out-siders/tourists/vacationers spend the night? Why, a hotel room of course

There's your answer

All the out-of-state license plates most likely share the same explanation. Using simple logic, if they were here to stay/permanent basis, SURELY they would have changed out their plates by now? My guess is most of the out-of-state license plates are here for one thing and one thing only.

Old 06-25-2016, 07:23 PM

9,224 posts, read 15,897,103 times
4th of July week

Old 06-25-2016, 07:43 PM

2,656 posts, read 2,303,371 times
Time to build a 70 story (1.5 mil sq ft) Hilton hotel in the CBD of downtown. There are never enough hotels.

Old 06-25-2016, 07:54 PM

191 posts, read 147,378 times
In a similar vein/while we're on this topic, you'll notice that on all the major "apartment search" and rental aggregator websites for Denver metro area it's NOTHING but this for page after page after page:

"no availability"
"not available"
"no vacancy"

I hear "roommates" arrangements are really exploding in popularity in Denver area, as there simply aren't enough actual places to live to meet the very high demand from all the out-of-towners. I like to randomly check Craigslist for deals while sipping my morning coffee, and when I venture over into the Denver housing section it seems like a veritable FLOOD of "room wanted" or "looking for roommate" type postings...... demand is HUUUUUUGE. It doesn't help either than most of these outsiders seem ONLY interested in Denver, if some of them would also go to other cities (Colo Springs, Pueblo, Ft. Collins, etc) that would really help alleviate this housing problem and "spread out" the pain a little.

The desirable/affordable housing simply isn't there vs the sheer amount of people. Most, or in extremes cases literally ALL of the housing (in certain "popular" neighborhoods) seems to be already taken by some other/unknown prick who snatched it up first. I'm so glad I locked down my current apartment in 2010 before the flood of out-of-staters happened, I've been propositioned by various people including family members for a "roommates" arrangement (I live in a 2 bed/1 bath as a single guy) but nah, I turned them all down...... I like my privacy thank u very much

If you're planning to move to Denver from out-of-state I wish you luck, you're gonna need it. Better be *QUICK* on the draw if an apartment pops up, cause no doubt there's another 50-100 out-siders chomping at the bit/foaming at the mouth trying to get the same apartment

God help us all......

Old 06-25-2016, 08:39 PM

13,941 posts, read 20,184,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousMiscer View Post
God help us all......
Your imaginary friend will not be able to help you.

Old 06-25-2016, 08:59 PM

6,902 posts, read 6,492,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousMiscer View Post
Legal weed, pretty self-explanatory.

Where else would all the out-siders/tourists/vacationers spend the night? Why, a hotel room of course

There's your answer

All the out-of-state license plates most likely share the same explanation. Using simple logic, if they were here to stay/permanent basis, SURELY they would have changed out their plates by now? My guess is most of the out-of-state license plates are here for one thing and one thing only.
You have no idea what you're talking about. If pot accounted for 10% of the revenue you seem to think it does, we would be replacing every street in the city.

Holiday week. Several big concerts.

Old 06-25-2016, 09:06 PM

3,181 posts, read 7,020,319 times
Also a big technology conference and a softball tournament going on.

Old 06-25-2016, 09:42 PM

4,873 posts, read 9,614,384 times
Have you tried AirBnB? You also might look outside Denver proper, such as Englewood, which includes the Denver Tech Center. You'd be on the light rail line to go to downtown Denver.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:26 PM

330 posts, read 346,412 times
Just from curiosity, I just now ran a fairly comprehensive search for a hotel room in the Denver area for the night of June 27.

I found one vacancy for about $200 at a chain hotel in Louisville, and a room at the Embassy Suites near DIA, can't remember the quoted rate. It's not a five-star hotel, but I wouldn't call that Embassy Suites a "dump," which the OP appeared to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or