Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 04:12 PM

1,260 posts, read 2,044,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoitzrimz View Post
Answer: people like me who have crappy T-mobile service
A hotspot is disabled on my phone, because Sprint wants to be paid even more! I could install something to override it or root my phone. But going back to the original question - yes, yes, I would very much like wifi on my FF2 bus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 06:33 PM

371 posts, read 494,090 times
Sure.

I don't think it'd be all that expensive, and it would make riding the buses and trains more appealing.

Old 07-14-2016, 06:32 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,884,616 times
Free WiFi on a moving land vehicle is basically just a modified version of cellular data. Sponsors are well aware they could do this, but since few step forward to offer it this should imply it's not that easy or cheap to do.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:29 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,029,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Free WiFi on a moving land vehicle is basically just a modified version of cellular data. Sponsors are well aware they could do this, but since few step forward to offer it this should imply it's not that easy or cheap to do.
Other transit agencies around world does it. That's funny. I guess the US is behind or can't do this? Whoever thought in the US we would go from a can do country to a can't do country.

Old 07-15-2016, 03:14 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,029,019 times
Quote:
Public Transit Riders Want Better Service, Not Free WiFi

MAYBE YOUR DREAM ride on public transit includes an ice cream bar. Beer on tap. Leather seats. Outlets and WiFi, so you can edit decks on the move.

But a new report from research group TransitCenter says shiny bus amenities aren’t worth the public funding buckeroos. People don’t really care about them, they probably don’t convince more people to take the bus, and they can take away funding for more important system improvements.

TransitCenter asked more than 3,000 online respondents from 17 regions across the country what sorts of upgrades they’d like to see on their commutes, with choices like free Wi-Fi, outlets, more frequent service, faster travel times, cheaper fares, robust shelters built for bad weather, and updates on when their bus would arrive.

They ranked perks like outlets and Wi-Fi dead last. Even tap-and-go fare cards, a relatively low-tech update many agencies are racing to implement, landed near the bottom of the pile. Surprise—people care more about reliability and practicality than frills.
Public Transit Riders Want Better Service, Not Free WiFi

Old 07-15-2016, 07:40 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,029,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
How unreliable is public transit in Denver?

Old 07-15-2016, 08:25 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,029,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alloo66 View Post
How unreliable is public transit in Denver?
From the reports of the new A Line train, I’d say, not very.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:56 AM
SQL

1,337 posts, read 1,193,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
From the reports of the new A Line train, I’d say, not very.
I don't really understand A-Line's issues. It seems like a pretty straight forward route. It seems like maybe there's been more mechanical issues than anything else. However, I think the rest of the system works just fine. The buses could be better, but I do think they're relatively efficient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver