Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 09:50 AM
SQL

1,337 posts, read 1,193,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Ski View Post
Apparently this has already been called out as a hoax.
Why don't you just show yourself out of this thread while we fantasize about our animal style french fries....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 11:21 AM

3,158 posts, read 6,124,244 times
This is why In'n'Out is not coming to Denver.

Skyline Chili (and Goldstar Chili, for that matter) is HORRIBLE. I am not opposed to the concept to serving chili on top of spaghetti noodles, I am opposed to really crappy chili.

White Castle is just meh on its best day. You have to be really drunk to crave White Castle, and since I don't get drunk anymore...

I have no experience with the other two, but do we really need another pizza place?

A lot of chains move in from other parts of the country and crash and burn. Think: Krispy Kreme (2 locations left), Stake n Shake (2 locations left), Whattaburger (left in the 70s), and more.

Old 07-21-2016, 12:24 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
That doesn't surprise me. That is why I wasn't taking the article seriously.

Old 07-21-2016, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQL View Post
Why don't you just show yourself out of this thread while we fantasize about our animal style french fries....
Animal style double double and fries.

Old 07-21-2016, 12:29 PM

204 posts, read 201,907 times
Quote:
Noooooo! Say it isn't so

Old 07-26-2016, 06:50 PM

473 posts, read 849,131 times
I've seen the In-N-Out hoax post on Facebook for years. It's just clickbait. I read a response about their distribution system/and (fresh) food requirements not making this side of the Rockies feasible (furthest east locations are SLC I believe). Not sure the validity of it, but makes sense - would be quite out of the way for a few restaurants.

On the topic - to me nothing beats Crown Burger at Colorado and Evans. Been going there for years. Yellow plastic booths, CRT TV in the corner, paper order slips, and a huge selection of regular and greek style food.

Every out of towner I've taken there has been impressed.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:10 PM

686 posts, read 2,436,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdenver View Post
I've seen the In-N-Out hoax post on Facebook for years. It's just clickbait. I read a response about their distribution system/and (fresh) food requirements not making this side of the Rockies feasible (furthest east locations are SLC I believe). Not sure the validity of it, but makes sense - would be quite out of the way for a few restaurants.
They do have them in Texas as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually open up here.

Old 07-26-2016, 11:23 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,124,244 times
In n Out's stores are located within ranges of about 300 miles from their distribution centers in SoCal, NorCal, Phoenix, Utah, and Dallas. They would have to build a new distribution center in Colorado to expand here, and, quite frankly, why would they? With 7x the population, Texas has a clear advantage over Colorado. Not to mention all the competition that exists here as well with places like SmashBurger, Five Guys, and Good Times.

You can argue all you want about how much "better" In n Out is (I've been underwhelmed by their food), but the fact of the matter is that an expansion into a highly competitive market would be expensive and risky.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
In n Out's stores are located within ranges of about 300 miles from their distribution centers in SoCal, NorCal, Phoenix, Utah, and Dallas. They would have to build a new distribution center in Colorado to expand here, and, quite frankly, why would they? With 7x the population, Texas has a clear advantage over Colorado. Not to mention all the competition that exists here as well with places like SmashBurger, Five Guys, and Good Times.

You can argue all you want about how much "better" In n Out is (I've been underwhelmed by their food), but the fact of the matter is that an expansion into a highly competitive market would be expensive and risky.
This is exactly why they are not a national chain. It took them a while to expand outside of California. They are also still family owned so that keeps their business plan in place as it currently is.

Old 07-27-2016, 12:10 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,634,603 times
In N Out is better off not expanding, the larger a company grows, usually the quality will take a hit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver