Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 10:15 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,164 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I'm considering a move out of Philly. I am a 25 year old guy, single, and sick of the northeast. I'm sick of the people, sick of cold, rainy weather, sick of driving in traffic, etc. Denver is one of the areas I am considering, as it looks like there are tons of jobs there and lots of sunny weather. I have been reading some of the threads trying to get an idea what the people are like in Denver. Are the girls nice? I am sick of stuck-up northeast girls, and would love to meet someone sweet and fun to hang out with. I am also considering moving to the south (maybe Georgia or Texas) or the Midwest (Indiana was a great state to visit, although I don't like the cold weather they get in the winter). Anyway I have never been to Colorado but was thinking about taking a trip out there. Just wondering what everyone thought about Colorado. It seems like a good area from what I have been reading from everyone's posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 10:53 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,310,736 times
Ironically, Phily may be your best place. Look at this page: More single men or women map. Phily (and pretty much the entire east coast, south and midwest actually) has a surplus of women to men. Denver (and pretty much every city in the west with just a few exceptions) has a surplus of men over women. And in the most hyped up areas of Denver and Boulder where all the young people supposedly all want to move to, the male-female ratio is downright nasty (from a guy's perspective). In the Denver suburbs its a lot more even 50-50. I would do your research, especially considering you've never even been to Colorado. Don't paint some rosy idealistic place about Denver just on what you're "heard."

Old 07-24-2008, 10:58 PM

398 posts, read 1,331,548 times
Dude,if you think the girls are stuck up in the Northeast.Don't come out West. Unless you got alot of game to throw at these chicks.I'm just sayin..

Old 07-24-2008, 11:47 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Hey Vegas, according to your map there are NO women in Wyoming and about 2000 men huddled together just east of Cheyenne. Could this be true?

Old 07-24-2008, 11:56 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,310,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Hey Vegas, according to your map there are NO women in Wyoming and about 2000 men huddled together just east of Cheyenne. Could this be true?
Probably. I don't think I've ever met a female from Cheyenne, WY come to think about it. From the limited experience with women that I have acquired in my life so far, these are the top four places where the hottest girls come from:
1. Phoenix, AZ (they don't call it hot hot hot for nothing). Especially Tempe, home of Arizona State University.
2. Fargo, ND (I'm dead serious. Fargo girls are something else).
3. Washington, DC (those IRS agent daughters are out of this world).
4. New York City (self explanatory).

Last edited by vegaspilgrim; 07-25-2008 at 12:28 AM..

Old 07-25-2008, 12:16 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
HaHa! Naw. I got family out there in Wyoming and they got women there. We've got a few jokes about that though. Another thread for another day.

Nice girls in Denver? When I was going to Metro State, my college buddies and I noticed a few. And that's a commuter college. Not a fancy University like CU, CSU, or DU. CU at Denver is there though, but
Boulder it's not. I doubt there's a bunch of hotties attending say School of Mines. But the few women that go there are probably really hot! Not too many women in my engineering classes at Metro though. But no joke, they are in very high demand.

I hear that the online dating scene in Denver is great. I've got a friend who hooked up with a gal from guess where? Back east! They are married now!

Old 07-25-2008, 07:27 AM

792 posts, read 3,137,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Hi everyone, I'm considering a move out of Philly. I am a 25 year old guy, single, and sick of the northeast. I'm sick of the people, sick of cold, rainy weather, sick of driving in traffic, etc.
Are you tired of the ratt race and rude people? Willing to give up the boardwalk and da' shore?

Quote:
Denver is one of the areas I am considering, as it looks like there are tons of jobs there and lots of sunny weather.
Tons of jobs, heh? Where did you hear 'bout it? Jobs are very scarce there IMO, hence why I moved back to NJ.

Quote:
Are the girls nice? I am sick of stuck-up northeast girls, and would love to meet someone sweet and fun to hang out with.
Denver's very decent, Boulder women?? probably similar to where you are coming from. ROTFLMAO

Quote:
Anyway I have never been to Colorado but was thinking about taking a trip out there. Just wondering what everyone thought about Colorado. It seems like a good area from what I have been reading from everyone's posts.
Its awesome, esp. Denver but it needs more JOBS-JOBS-JOBS.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:54 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,866,892 times
Are you really looking for a "nice girl"?

Not so nice girls get out more often.
Just an observation from a dirty ol' man..

GL2

Old 07-25-2008, 08:16 AM

11 posts, read 36,363 times
I personally found the people, particularly the girls, to be a lot more snotty and stand-offish in Denver than in the northeast. A lot of girls were "pseudo-outdoorsy," which translates as "I play volleyball in Wash Park on nice Saturdays."

I did a 14er with several friends, and one of the girls who claimed to be outdoorsy refused to pee outside. So she held it the entire hike, complaining about how long the hike was back to the car. I was very worried about her and she was kind of a jerk about it.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:47 PM

792 posts, read 3,137,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
In the Denver suburbs its a lot more even 50-50.
Lakewood, Littleton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
I would do your research, especially considering you've never even been to Colorado. Don't paint some rosy idealistic place about Denver just on what you're "heard."
An old fraternity saying "The men are _-_-_-_-_, the women are scarce, and the sheep are scared." Doubt these Denver numbas are "statistically significant". From a guy's prospective when I lived near Boulder I felt the singles/social scene in Denver topped that of Boulder (on many fronts). I had some friends come out to visit form CA and NJ and they didn't complain about Denver, were actually quite impressed to say the least.

Quote:
Hi everyone, I'm considering a move out of Philly. I am a 25 year old guy, single, and sick of the northeast. I'm sick of the people, sick of cold, rainy weather, sick of driving in traffic, etc.
If I was in your shoes (your age) I'd still consider Denver but also consider Newark, DE (main strip in town by UofD) and Bel Air, MD. I'd suggest a road trip to both and for Bel Air a sidebar stop at Looney's pub on weekend when they have a block party, band, or event going on. Your eyes may pop open wide and give you a new basis of comparison to your present locale, Denver, and other locales too. But by any means don't count out Denver.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Newark-Delaware.html
http://www.looneyspubmd.com/

Last edited by Spincycle; 07-25-2008 at 09:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver