U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 04:01 PM

4,800 posts, read 4,905,633 times

Advertisements

A state of intoxication.

Old 12-13-2016, 04:07 PM

12,264 posts, read 8,045,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderpig2 View Post
I completely disagree. The worst driver I've ever encountered was the one I already mentioned above (in Longmont, with CO plates). That incident was by far worse than any in several decades of driving in Texas. By the way, people there are 'Texans' not 'Texas'. Maybe you need to return to school.

The bashing of Texas drivers here is a stereotype for many in this state. It's an extension and continuation of Texas-bashing that's continued through generations here. Kids repeat what their parents have mindlessly babbled previously.

Within Colorado, drivers in Fort Collins are extremely sane and respectful. That comes from over 4 years of personal observation. I was back in Longmont again today (unfortunately), and again saw lots of crazy drivers, going both fast and slow. No sense of flow whatsoever there. I also saw lots of wild lane changes and people speeding up to get two cars farther ahead, and crap like that. The town seems rather poor and uneducated, which may be contributing to the problem. If you think CO drivers are saints and experts, spend a half hour there and adjust your thinking.
Did David strike a nerve? Stop pointing out how people seem uneducated. Maybe it is you that is driving bad.

Old 12-13-2016, 04:14 PM

1,822 posts, read 1,391,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Did David strike a nerve?
I never let nonsense bother me. People like that reap what they sow. They'll get what they deserve in the end.

Last edited by Sunderpig2; 12-13-2016 at 04:25 PM..

Old 12-13-2016, 05:31 PM

946 posts, read 1,255,760 times
Wow! I guess my choice would be Florida! Aggressive and not courteous at all.

Old 12-13-2016, 07:01 PM

13,228 posts, read 24,332,739 times
Quote:
I completely disagree. The worst driver I've ever encountered was the one I already mentioned above (in Longmont, with CO plates). That incident was by far worse than any in several decades of driving in Texas. By the way, people there are 'Texans' not 'Texas'. Maybe you need to return to school.

The bashing of Texas drivers here is a stereotype for many in this state. It's an extension and continuation of Texas-bashing that's continued through generations here. Kids repeat what their parents have mindlessly babbled previously. People ought to think for themselves for a change. We'd all be better off.

Within Colorado, drivers in Fort Collins are extremely sane and respectful. That comes from four years of personal observation. I was back in Longmont again today (unfortunately), and again saw lots of crazy drivers, going both fast and slow. No sense of flow whatsoever there. I also saw lots of wild lane changes and people speeding up way over the speed limit in congested areas to get two cars farther ahead, and crap like that. The town seems rather poor and uneducated, which may be contributing to the problem. If you think CO drivers are saints and experts, spend a half hour there and you'll learn otherwise.
Quote:
I never let nonsense bother me. People like that reap what they sow. They'll get what they deserve in the end.
Dang, a couple of little opinions set you off?

Since you apparently don't know anything about me or my personal situation, I will assure you: I will never need to return to school again. I beg your pardon for my typographical error.

I'm not a Colorado groupthinker. I despise or am indifferent to most of the things that people in this state find "cool" or intriguing. I opined that Texas has bad drivers. Now, I don't have a lot of experience driving in Texas, but out on the interstate (in any state), when I'm tailgated by somebody trying to go 90+ in a 65, I am not surprised if their plate reads "TEXAS". Or if they flicker to have you move out of the way, or if they don't signal. Or if they go just fast enough on a two lane to make it difficult to pass them.

In Fort Collins, it's so bad that I take slamming on your brakes as the local way to stop at a light. Or in just enough time to not hit the car in front of you. One man's opinion, is all.

IMO, Colorado wins the award for drivers with the least common sense. Also, for the record, Oregon has the best drivers. Also, for the record, my parents and grandparents never said a darn thing good/bad/indifferent about Texas, in fact, my grandfather went to college in El Paso.

Now, since I know what I have coming to me, may I die in a fiery blaze of glory in Fort Collins, smashed into a Subaru Outback (which slammed on it's brakes in front of me) by an F-150 with Texas plates.

Last edited by Count David; 12-14-2016 at 10:47 AM..

Old 12-13-2016, 07:54 PM

13,958 posts, read 20,218,130 times
The poor state of responsible parenting in 'Murica.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:01 PM

17,087 posts, read 9,809,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I haven't been to Denver in decades but my default answer for worst drivers is always Ohio followed by the people from DC driving stolen cars.
Absolutely not! The best drivers I've ever seen come from Ohio. I grew up right outside Wright Patterson AFB, and it always astonishes me when I go home how well people drive there. Watching the thousands of cars exiting that base at the end of the workday is like seeing a ballet.

Old 12-14-2016, 05:53 AM

370 posts, read 394,789 times
Dallas is the scariest.

Mind you, I've only ridden as a passenger in Dallas. And WANTED to drive after about 10 drinks (no, nobody was stupid enough to hand me keys). But the combo of a non-sensical grid-over-grid-over-grid system, crazy fast and aggressive drivers, and basically unmarked freeway interchanges and exit lanes gave me anxiety attacks as a passenger.

One night I got a ride from my hotels shuttle bus to a bar to meet some friends. Driver asked where I was from, I said Denver. His response:

Denver. I love Denver. Except for one thing: Y'all's stoplights are too Damn low!

Weirdly, I think he's right.

Old 12-14-2016, 06:41 AM

2,005 posts, read 1,476,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alloo66 View Post
What state based on license plates have you observed being the worst drivers in Denver? Just curious.
Every state in the northeast (NY, NJ, CT, MA) and west coast (CA)

Old 12-14-2016, 09:59 AM

12,264 posts, read 8,045,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Dang, a couple of little opinions set you off?

Since you don't know apparently don't know anything about me or my personal situation, I will assure you: I will never need to return to school again. I beg your pardon for my typographical error.

I'm not a Colorado groupthinker. I despise or am indifferent to most of the things that people in this state find "cool" or intriguing. I opined that Texas has bad drivers. Now, I don't have a lot of experience driving in Texas, but out on the interstate (in any state), when I'm tailgated by somebody trying to go 90+ in a 65, I am not surprised if their plate reads "TEXAS". Or if they flicker to have you move out of the way, or if they don't signal. Or if they go just fast enough on a two lane to make it difficult to pass them.

In Fort Collins, it's so bad that I take slamming on your brakes as the local way to stop at a light. Or in just enough time to not hit the car in front of you. One man's opinion, is all.

IMO, Colorado wins the award for drivers with the least common sense. Also, for the record, Oregon has the best drivers. Also, for the record, my parents and grandparents never said a darn thing good/bad/indifferent about Texas, in fact, my grandfather went to college in El Paso.

Now, since I know what I have coming to me, may I die in a fiery blaze of glory in Fort Collins, smashed into a Subaru Outback (which slammed on it's brakes in front of me) by an F-150 with Texas plates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or