U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 12-17-2016, 06:10 PM
Status: "Summer Heat coming!" (set 15 hours ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
80,107 posts, read 88,283,803 times
Reputation: 26827

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by N610DL View Post
Yes, as of 2012. How much of a boom has Denver had in 2014-2016 that has not yet been analyzed? I'd be curious how these numbers would change.

The fact that PA is even listed at 1% is pretty significant. A bigger data point than "6% other midwest states" etc.
I am a Pennsylvania native. I can tell you the vast majority of them think Colorado is the great beyond. I can tell you that no more of them are coming here now than did in any other year. And really, when did 1 become greater than 6? Good Grief, there are twice as many people here from Nebraska, a state of 1.8 million, than Pennsylvania, a state with a population of 12 million.

 
Old 12-17-2016, 09:43 PM
Status: "Cowgirls don't cry!" (set 9 days ago)
 
Location: CO/UT/AZ/NM Catch me if you can!
3,020 posts, read 2,986,984 times
Reputation: 6959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
I think the worst drivers come from Florida. Reason being, very few people are born natives of Florida. Most of the people come from somewhere else and bring their bad driving habits with them. Florida has tests in many languages so you really don't need to speak English to drive legally. Some New York city people come here with cars and haven't had much experience driving because they don't use their cars in the city much. When they move down to Florida,everything changes. That's when their inexperience driving show up....


zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... WHAT!?! Isn't wasn't me, I swear! The very worst drivers in Colorado are from Denver. They move to Colorado and think the infrastructure is going to be maintained like it was in the last locality they lived in - Puerto Rico. Nothing could be more wrong. Coloradans hate spending money on ANYTHING - schools, infrastructure, and anything within a 100 mile radius of Pueblo. I'll concede that driving while Floridian is almost as bad as driving while texting, but the Puerto Ricans continue to win all the more highly regarded awards when it comes to driving while texting in a foreign language - English.
 
Old 12-18-2016, 09:41 AM
 
19,012 posts, read 34,383,991 times
Reputation: 15539
Wife and I still laugh about driving in Miami....the little old ladies with their blue hair...all you can see of these old dears is the blue glow of their hair sticking above the seat at they try to peer out the windshield, they must all be 4-foot-9-inches tall. If you change lanes within a block of them they honk the horn, not in anger but a way to say hello and keep in mind I'm out here with ya as I head down to Wolfie's for the early bird...

But out on the interstates in FL we've seen some goofy stuff and the same for TX. We found driving around L.A. to be easy, vast majority of drivers were well behaved in both good flows and stop/go traffic.
__________________
- Please follow our TOS.
- Any Questions about City-Data? See the FAQ list.
- Want some detailed instructions on using the site? See The Guide for plain english explanation.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
 
Old 12-18-2016, 10:05 AM
 
1,181 posts, read 366,631 times
Reputation: 2332
Asia - not a state.
 
Old 12-18-2016, 01:33 PM
 
757 posts, read 345,915 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
I am a Pennsylvania native. I can tell you the vast majority of them think Colorado is the great beyond. I can tell you that no more of them are coming here now than did in any other year. And really, when did 1 become greater than 6? Good Grief, there are twice as many people here from Nebraska, a state of 1.8 million, than Pennsylvania, a state with a population of 12 million.
People are way too critical of data points on this forum (and the source was the NYT no less ). All of this is hearsay - casual observations and whatnot. Try to have fun with it.
 
Old 12-20-2016, 06:33 PM
 
Location: Blah
4,149 posts, read 6,864,906 times
Reputation: 3042
Define bad drivers?

We talking people who simply can't negotiate a simple turn or people who have zero understanding of driving on that white stuff you call snow?

When it comes to weather, I'm going with Texas and Florida. Nothing worse than a Texan on a icy road...hey, at least I admit it lol I don't care what their plates say, if they can't drive decent on snow and ice, their probably from Texas or Florida lol

Now when it comes to normal driving conditions and zero understanding of motor vehicle laws etc. I'm going with anything East coast, New York and Boston etc. I'm going to throw California in this group as well since I like picking on them

This isn't a stab at people politically etc. If you think about it, they have a lot of public transportation on the East coast and it's not too uncommon to run across someone from Boston for example who doesn't even own a car. So when these people move west their forced to buy a car. As for the bad weather drivers, thats self explanatory.
 
Old 12-21-2016, 12:16 PM
 
757 posts, read 345,915 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Define bad drivers?

We talking people who simply can't negotiate a simple turn or people who have zero understanding of driving on that white stuff you call snow?

When it comes to weather, I'm going with Texas and Florida. Nothing worse than a Texan on a icy road...hey, at least I admit it lol I don't care what their plates say, if they can't drive decent on snow and ice, their probably from Texas or Florida lol

Now when it comes to normal driving conditions and zero understanding of motor vehicle laws etc. I'm going with anything East coast, New York and Boston etc. I'm going to throw California in this group as well since I like picking on them

This isn't a stab at people politically etc. If you think about it, they have a lot of public transportation on the East coast and it's not too uncommon to run across someone from Boston for example who doesn't even own a car. So when these people move west their forced to buy a car. As for the bad weather drivers, thats self explanatory.
Rarely have I ever seen an east coaster someone cutting off people in multiple lanes to an off ramp - with the exception of maybe Florida. Native CO people are pretty bad drivers themselves.
 
Old 12-23-2016, 07:50 AM
Status: "Summer Heat coming!" (set 15 hours ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
80,107 posts, read 88,283,803 times
Reputation: 26827
Quote:
Originally Posted by N610DL View Post
Rarely have I ever seen an east coaster someone cutting off people in multiple lanes to an off ramp - with the exception of maybe Florida. Native CO people are pretty bad drivers themselves.
LOL! I was looking at "New Posts" and came across this thread from the NJ forum itself! All sorts of complaints, though not that specific one.
Crazy NJ drivers this holiday season
 
Old 12-23-2016, 06:45 PM
 
2,057 posts, read 1,783,444 times
Reputation: 3666
I don't live in Colorado, but these Florida drivers are the worst I have ever seen. That includes the tourists, the snowbirds, the locals, all of them. Probably the locals are the worst, but they are all dangerously asleep at the wheel!
 
Old 12-25-2016, 09:20 PM
 
757 posts, read 345,915 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
LOL! I was looking at "New Posts" and came across this thread from the NJ forum itself! All sorts of complaints, though not that specific one.
Crazy NJ drivers this holiday season
What can I say? I've been cut off by a 16 wheeler and sped ahead of them and have them the finger with the sunroof down. At least we have personality and not danger behind the wheel lol

Btw fun fact: I drive a Saab and according to my mechanic CO has the largest concentration of Saab drivers in the US. Interesting thought!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top