U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 12:35 PM

24 posts, read 15,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
The absolute worst drivers I've ever seen in my life are in Boulder, usually middle-aged women driving Subaru Outback's or stoners also driving Subaru Outbacks, usually with a dog in the back, one working headlight, and a messed up passenger window that won't roll up. The most popular color is green with a tan interior. I just try to stay as far away from them as I can.

The terrible drivers in Denver probably come from some small towns somewhere because they seem to be constantly freaked out by any sort of traffic at all.
Hey I live in Boulder and the old stoners in their rusted Subarus do suck. However, they are few and far between. For the most part people here follow the rules and are courteous, especially in snowy/icy conditions.

I've been an expat in India, , Hong Kong, Singapore and traveled by bike and motorcycle throughout, Malaysia and Thailand. The worst drivers I've seen are the smug Colorado "natives" who think bad driving does not apply to them.

Old 01-04-2017, 03:12 PM

797 posts, read 433,503 times
From a screwed mental state.

Old 01-05-2017, 06:02 AM

14,115 posts, read 20,826,585 times
I honestly think it's the Colorado drivers in Subaru's in the snow in the left lane going 80

Old 01-05-2017, 08:48 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,010,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
The absolute worst drivers I've ever seen in my life are in Boulder, usually middle-aged women driving Subaru Outback's or stoners also driving Subaru Outbacks, usually with a dog in the back, one working headlight, and a messed up passenger window that won't roll up. The most popular color is green with a tan interior. I just try to stay as far away from them as I can.

The terrible drivers in Denver probably come from some small towns somewhere because they seem to be constantly freaked out by any sort of traffic at all.
Boulder is the king IMO as well. Love the place, spent much of my life in that town..but the drivers?

Old 01-05-2017, 08:50 AM

12,261 posts, read 8,043,269 times
What state do bad drivers come from?-15826342_1328499433888423_4796828963787796446_n.jpg

Old 02-10-2017, 01:00 PM

34 posts, read 26,398 times
This is a topic sideline, but it really irritates to see cars from out of state with plates that are years expired. There is one with a California plate I see in a parking lot every day and the plate expired in 2013. Yes, 4 years ago. I want to tell that person that if they don't want to pay the fees, please leave!!

Old 02-10-2017, 01:05 PM

12,261 posts, read 8,043,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgl77 View Post
This is a topic sideline, but it really irritates to see cars from out of state with plates that are years expired. There is one with a California plate I see in a parking lot every day and the plate expired in 2013. Yes, 4 years ago. I want to tell that person that if they don't want to pay the fees, please leave!!
If am remember correctly they can still get ticketed for that even though it is out of state.

Old 02-10-2017, 03:00 PM

122 posts, read 124,907 times
Interesting replies. Basically sums up to there's no specific state with the worst drivers.

Also judging it by state doesn't seem fair. especially for California and Texas. You have so many micro environments in those states that it's impossible to say San Diego drivers are just like Sacramento etc...

Of 3 major cities i've lived in, where i constantly drove (it's not all the cities i've lived in, but grew up in San Antonio), Albuquerque and Sacramento take the prize. Both of them i constantly observed running red lights, not just speeding up thru yellow, but my light turns green and there is still a car or 2 crossing their red light. The worst of these were in ABQ. As for Sacramento, I guess the term California Stop is just that. Rolling right turns on red are the norm. and by rolling i mean they don't even slow down at the red light, they just turn on the red like they had a green light.

I'll officially be in Denver end of March, but won't be driving much here....

Old 02-10-2017, 03:03 PM

33,836 posts, read 41,921,093 times
Quote:
That happens here frequently. Having so many military in the area makes enforcement difficult. The ones I can't figure out are from Virginia. Yes, Maryland's transfer fees can be steep but you're paying Personal Property Tax every year to Virginia for the car.

Old 02-10-2017, 03:32 PM

16,992 posts, read 20,605,780 times
Quote:
Well what does that say about your law enforcement? That someone can drive around with plates that expired 4 years ago?

I live in CA and you wouldn't be driving around very long on expired plates here without getting pulled over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or