Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 01:36 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,555,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
I think the first few weekends this year were exceptionally bad (when I made this thread), but it seems to be more normal now, from what I've heard. I should have just waited and counted that as the exception.

Still haven't made it up 70 though cause Monarch has so much snow I had to go there instead. It was gorgeous. Trees had feet of snow still hanging on the branches.
We went up this morning. I'm already back. There was snow at Eisenhower so things were moving a little more slowly. Left the house at 7:15 and at Loveland at 8:55
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 02:21 PM

1,260 posts, read 2,043,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
On my lazier days I employ this schedule and I would say it is fine at 10:30am then hitting I70 home around 8pm. With kids that don't need lessons I think this is a much better schedule, because they don't have to get up at 5am. Also staying in Dillion having dinner and seeing a movie is good motivation for them .
We often do this. Leave at 9, get there by 11:30, ski until last chair. We often don't have dinner and leave at 4:00 with the crowd, and still manage to get home by 7-8 pm. I'm so not a morning person that getting up a 5 to beat the traffic would take most of my enjoyment away. Plus, it's often too cold for me to ski at 8:30 anyway (I have Raynaud's)

Old 02-04-2017, 02:22 PM

1,260 posts, read 2,043,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
We went up this morning. I'm already back. There was snow at Eisenhower so things were moving a little more slowly. Left the house at 7:15 and at Loveland at 8:55
Going to go to Copper tomorrow, hoping for smaller crowds because of Super Bowl.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:46 PM

556 posts, read 1,199,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neditate View Post
There's a pilot program for bus service two weekends in February: "Snowstang" Bustang Launches SnowStang Pilot to Mountain Resorts | Bustang
The bus to vail going against skier traffic (east in the morning, west in the evening) costs $34 round trip. The new "Snowstang" will cost $60 round trip. CDOT is setting this up to fail. Get the price down to $20 round trip and you could really make a dent in skier traffic.

Of course this would require large subsidies. But what is the alternative? CDOT is asking Trump for 1 billion to complete 13 miles of west bound toll lanes between idaho springs and empire- https://www.denverite.com/cdot-asked...rojects-28424/. That billion dollars could fund a lot of buses which would likely be much more effective than another lexus lane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver