Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 11:04 PM

2 posts, read 7,281 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I'm moving to Denver in early February. Looked for a studio or one bedroom less than $1000 per month and close-ish to downtown, and found all the best options in Cherry Creek. What are your general impressions of Cherry Creek? Is it fairly safe and/or relatively upscale?

Edited to add - my top two choices for apartments thus far are Esprit Cherry Creek (formerly Cherry Creek Club, though based on the address it looks like it's in Virginia Village not technically Cherry Creek) and Monaco South. I've read some bad reviews of both so would LOVE some feedback there.

Last edited by Ambercat; 01-17-2017 at 11:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 05:18 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,548,648 times
Cherry Creek is a ritzy, expensive area. Those apartments are not in Cherry Creek, but are using the Cherry Creek name because it is such a nice area. The area is fine, but because of that price point, which is quite low for Central Denver, you are going to get the associated issues.

Where is work?

Old 01-18-2017, 07:54 AM

255 posts, read 200,080 times
There is Cherry Creek, the neighborhood, and there is the area between that and the Cherry Creek Reservoir where you'll find various communities that have adopted the Cherry Creek name.

Cherry Creek, the neighborhood, is in Central Denver and is a pretty upscale area. As far as safety is concerned, I believe the risk is low. As for cost, sub-$1000 will be difficult to come by.

Now, the area between Cherry Creek (the neighborhood) and Cherry Creek (the reservoir) comes in all different flavors. I refer to this area as Southeast Denver. Much of it will have a "suburbia" feel to it. Much of it will be relatively safe in comparison to more urban environments closer to the city core. Some neighborhoods will be pretty cookie cutter, and generally vanilla. Other neighborhoods may be much more diverse in terms of demographics. For instance, there may be communities that will have a mix of ethnicities and income levels.

It would be in your best interest to check out the communities you are seeking out to get a feel for your potential neighbors. I lived in a community near Cherry Creek (the reservoir), and my experience was so-so. There were a lot of North African and Middle Eastern migrants living in the community, which I do not have a problem with. However, I did not agree with how they allowed their children to run rampant around the community, often times causing a raucous. There were some cases where they were kicking and throwing things at my bedroom window.

So again, my suggestion would be to check out the area that you are scoping out, and determine if it would be a good fit for you. Good luck!

Old 01-18-2017, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careerist View Post
There is Cherry Creek, the neighborhood, and there is the area between that and the Cherry Creek Reservoir where you'll find various communities that have adopted the Cherry Creek name.

Cherry Creek, the neighborhood, is in Central Denver and is a pretty upscale area. As far as safety is concerned, I believe the risk is low. As for cost, sub-$1000 will be difficult to come by.

Now, the area between Cherry Creek (the neighborhood) and Cherry Creek (the reservoir) comes in all different flavors. I refer to this area as Southeast Denver. Much of it will have a "suburbia" feel to it. Much of it will be relatively safe in comparison to more urban environments closer to the city core. Some neighborhoods will be pretty cookie cutter, and generally vanilla. Other neighborhoods may be much more diverse in terms of demographics. For instance, there may be communities that will have a mix of ethnicities and income levels.

It would be in your best interest to check out the communities you are seeking out to get a feel for your potential neighbors. I lived in a community near Cherry Creek (the reservoir), and my experience was so-so. There were a lot of North African and Middle Eastern migrants living in the community, which I do not have a problem with. However, I did not agree with how they allowed their children to run rampant around the community, often times causing a raucous. There were some cases where they were kicking and throwing things at my bedroom window.

So again, my suggestion would be to check out the area that you are scoping out, and determine if it would be a good fit for you. Good luck!
The area the OP is talking about is near, but not in, Cherry Creek neighborhood in Denver. It is next to the actual Cherry Creek (the creek, not the reservoir)

Old 01-18-2017, 08:16 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
The area the OP is talking about is near, but not in, Cherry Creek neighborhood in Denver. It is next to the actual Cherry Creek (the creek, not the reservoir)
AKA Glendale in many cases.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:19 AM

255 posts, read 200,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Ah, I see. I just Google Mapped the apartment that was mentioned in the OP. I would consider that area Glendale. But again, lots of places over there also have adopted the Cherry Creek name, even as you move further east.

At any rate, the area is pretty safe and quiet. My only suggestion for OP is to take into consideration his/her work commute. Colorado Blvd is a beast to commute during rush hour. Having lived just north of where OP is looking, near Congress Park, and commuted from DTC, I often times found myself stuck in a gridlock of traffic. If there is a way to avoid Colorado Blvd for their commute, then I would consider that area pretty desirable. There are plenty of amenities in the area, including bars, restaurants, microbreweries, grocery stores, etc.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:32 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
As a reference point, this is a rental building that is actually in the Cherry Creek neighborhood.

The Seasons of Cherry Creek Apartments - Denver, CO | RedPeak

Old 01-18-2017, 08:34 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
And dispensaries.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
As a reference point, this is a rental building that is actually in the Cherry Creek neighborhood.

The Seasons of Cherry Creek Apartments - Denver, CO | RedPeak
Probably worth the extra $400 a month.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:41 AM

2 posts, read 7,281 times
Work is in Centennial, so I wanted something that's in between downtown and Centennial, which is what led me to Glendale. I'm looking for rent around $950, which I know is low, but I'm only doing a 6-month lease, I want to be on the safe side with living expenses until I see how much general cost of living is, then (hopefully) move into a nicer apartment after 6 months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: