U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 01:12 PM

13,933 posts, read 20,141,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careerist View Post
This house has been scraped? Or are those just artist renderings in the ad?
The house shown is actually at https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4...13294896_zpid/
It sold 2.5 years ago for $875K, but it does have an ADU.
But, it is also on a relatively busy avenue.

Actual view of 4567 Yates with the GJ Gardner sign in front.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/45....05121!6m1!1e1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2017, 03:03 PM

2 posts, read 1,377 times
Likely due to those updates and the amount of interest in the home...our market is very strong and there are no lack of buyers...

Old 02-25-2017, 05:10 PM

535 posts, read 277,398 times
The buyer on my brother's house in Aurora just dropped the contract because they found another house in the neighborhood with a garage layout they liked better. The buyer left $5K on the table and walked away I guess. When the house was first listed, they got three offers all well over the asking price within two days of listing it, so I imagine they probably have another contract as I type this. The house is in the high $200s though, I think that is a popular price tag.

We are going to list/try to market our house later this year, it's one of the few horse acreages left with a newer house (2002) in unincorporated Jeffco. Because of the suburban subdivisions near us, it is difficult to find comps, though they run around $500-$600K around us. Those comparables we were able to find that are generally close to ours (but built in the 80s mostly and much smaller sq. footages), are going for around $800K or so. Crazy.

We custom designed and built this place ourselves (with the help of subs here and there) because even back in 2000 when we started building it we couldn't afford horse property on the west side of Denver. Where do people get the money to afford these places?

Old 02-25-2017, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot5 View Post
Ha if you think that's bad then check this one out:
https://www.redfin.com/CO/Arvada/136.../home/34402809
Ha! I think I may know this house as I haul my horse over to the nearby Arvada equestrian park on occasion. It doesn't really show very well, does it? Hmmmmm.

Old 02-25-2017, 05:42 PM

6,895 posts, read 6,475,405 times
How about $2.3M for a scraper on .44 acres?

27 Polo Club Circle, Denver, CO 80209 | MLS 3574941 | Listing Information

Old 02-25-2017, 07:44 PM

12,228 posts, read 8,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
What year did they take those pictures? Those are some serious high definition pictures.

Old 02-25-2017, 07:59 PM

6,895 posts, read 6,475,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
What year did they take those pictures? Those are some serious high definition pictures.
Probably the same year they built the house. I guess the realtor figures that the pics don't matter. Whomever buys that is knocking it down.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
OH c'mon you know that area too... Polo Grounds... that's chump change! :-)

A friend of mine watched the cottage house next to him in DU area (on Franklin) be scraped away and a real beauty be built in its place. The buyer paid a pretty penny for that nice lot with big trees.

Former coworker just sold her mom's tiny little crap-box house on Pine St. in Boulder for a tidy sum... was on a rare double lot... the mom now lives with her and the proceeds are funding the mom's medical expenses. It is still standing right now but plans to build onto the footprints including the house and a separate residence are in the making. Boulder has those new rebuilding rules and they are stretched as far as they can go in this case.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:54 AM

390 posts, read 275,773 times
Good Question.

In my experience here are the main reasons home prices go up after being listed.

Under Contract/Back On - Homes go quick, here so if a house got multiple offers the first time round then it goes back on the market the sellers may decide they want to try and get more straight off the bat. It could also be due to an appraisal coming in at a higher price then original list price.

New Builds - Sometimes it is hard to tell a listing is a new build. Builders tend to get ahead of the market and price above what you would pay for the same square footage in a not so new house.

Market - Sometimes a home goes on than the market rapidly changes. We saw this happen around three weeks ago here in Denver. All of a sudden buyers were back out from their winter slumber in full force and this created a surge in the market again.

Who Knows - Yep sometimes I wonder, sometimes I see a house sit then the price go up with no good reason and it leaves me wondering!

Old 02-27-2017, 10:06 AM

12,228 posts, read 8,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowilldo View Post
The buyer on my brother's house in Aurora just dropped the contract because they found another house in the neighborhood with a garage layout they liked better. The buyer left $5K on the table and walked away I guess. When the house was first listed, they got three offers all well over the asking price within two days of listing it, so I imagine they probably have another contract as I type this. The house is in the high $200s though, I think that is a popular price tag.

We are going to list/try to market our house later this year, it's one of the few horse acreages left with a newer house (2002) in unincorporated Jeffco. Because of the suburban subdivisions near us, it is difficult to find comps, though they run around $500-$600K around us. Those comparables we were able to find that are generally close to ours (but built in the 80s mostly and much smaller sq. footages), are going for around $800K or so. Crazy.

We custom designed and built this place ourselves (with the help of subs here and there) because even back in 2000 when we started building it we couldn't afford horse property on the west side of Denver. Where do people get the money to afford these places?
My former neighbor listed their house on a Thursday and had multiple offers the following Sunday. They accepted an offer well over asking price but then the buyer pulled the offer. Luckily they still had 8 showings scheduled for last Monday and had more offers over asking price. They started at $400K in Highlands Ranch. I have a feeling that the market is going to be nuttier this year compared to the last few.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or