Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2008, 08:23 AM

19 posts, read 71,835 times

Advertisements

My wife and I may have an opportunity to move to Aurora (at least that's where my job may be). What's the town like? Quality of life? Price of real estate vs. other suburbs nearby? Are there better towns outside of Aurora? How much is it expanding/growing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 08:29 AM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
Where may you be working?

What would you like your new community to have?

What size/age/price/style/condition is this new place you'd like to call home?

Old 03-03-2008, 09:33 AM

87 posts, read 329,577 times
Aurora is a VERY large area. I live in Aurora just east of Parker and Arapahoe on Saddle Rock Golf Course. I love the area because we are close to Southlands shopping area, and the area very new and expanding. There are many areas in Aurora that are really old and not so great too.

Also, depending on where you live in Aurora, you could be near E-470 which is a toll road. I work off of C-470, so I pay $5/day to drive this road. The alternative is driving on the very busy road of Arapahoe. If you go the other way, you could pay $4/day to have access to I-70. You of course don't have to take the toll road, but it is a much faster way to get to where you are going. So I would consider this in your budget if you plan to live anwhere near E-470.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:14 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,301,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaaina View Post
My wife and I may have an opportunity to move to Aurora (at least that's where my job may be). What's the town like? Quality of life? Price of real estate vs. other suburbs nearby? Are there better towns outside of Aurora? How much is it expanding/growing?
Aurora-- not a "town." A HUGE gridded out suburb with almost 300,000 people, a huge chunk of the eastern half of the Denver metro area. You can't compare Aurora to little towns and townships surrounding big cities back east.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:17 PM

1,048 posts, read 4,344,552 times
There have been many topics on Aurora. Pros and Cons. I really suggest to search for them and read them when you have a chance. If you have an area in Aurora, then please let us know and we can try and help and provide more details.

Thanks.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:51 PM

46 posts, read 207,150 times
Aurora is a mix of very crappy,yuppie and middle class. On the west side you will find many apartments and middle income housing. The more eastbound you go the nicer it gets, all though I dont call unhealthy cookie cutter sprawl nice, Anyways Aurora is indeed huge, kinda like Anaheim to LA.

Old 03-18-2008, 05:00 PM

19 posts, read 71,835 times
Thanks, I do understand it's a city/suburb not a town - people call New York City a town, it's merely a euphamism. But all this advice is very helpful, so I thank you one and all.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:45 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,972,115 times
Generally, the further south and east you go in Aurora, generally the more sought after, though the whole area is basically suburbia. People tend to think of Aurora as north and south, with the dividing line defined mainly by school district. The south is in the Cherry Creek School District, which is quite well-known and sought after, while the north is in Aurora Public Schools, which has some good schools, and other schools with a lot of urban problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: