U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-03-2008, 08:03 AM

57 posts, read 180,457 times
Default Where to Visit for Possible Relocators?

My bf and I are traveling to Denver in mid-May to visit 4 nights/3.5 days scouting the city and surrounding cities for possible relocation. We are 25 yrs old and are looking to rent. We need a yard for our dog, and want to be close enough (within 30 min) of city conveniences (local restaurants/bars/events). We are planning to visit Denver, Boulder, Ft. Collins, Estes Park and Loveland. Our picturesque setup would be a secluded log cabin in the mountains/woods, but we would settle for a city bungaloo with a fenced yard.

Currently we live in Baltimore city and are used to having everything within walking distance - which we take advantage of - city events, happy hours, dinner out. We are hoping to find a middle ground between getting out of the city with some serenity and nature (LOVE hiking & snowboarding - need to be closer to more outdoorsy stuff), but also not moving too far from our norm and having everything at our finger tips.

What would you suggest are the best areas to visit to get a good feel for a location? Any suggestions you might have on where to go/visit during our travels would be much appreciated. Any citites I referenced above you wouldn't suggest we look?

So far, our only set plan is to attend the Estes Park Jazz festival on the Saturday we visit...

THANKS!
Lola
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 08:47 AM

16,899 posts, read 22,591,617 times
Lola, I grew up in Baltimore... Lexington Market (Faidley's), harbor, Domino Sugar, Catonsville, Arbutus. Spent 31 years in the DC area, been here for 2.5 years now. The secluded cabin within 30 of city conveniences is at least 50 years gone, from both Baltimore and Denver - more like 90+ minutes in each case to get to town.

There are many neighborhoods in Denver that can provide you a cottage with room for rover. There is a ton of info in our existing threads that can tell you much. Best way to find our detailed neighborhood info is to do an Advanced Search for postings by our members LiveContent or TFOX and read their marvelous posts about specific neighborhoods. Then look in the index for photo tours, as these threads will give you a good view of what's here to choose from.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:26 AM

5,112 posts, read 11,300,260 times
As far as the mtns/woods, Evergreen showed up in my home searches as a place that may fit your needs. Outside of Denver

Old 03-03-2008, 01:08 PM

15 posts, read 25,479 times
We just moved here in January. Scouted Evergreen and it was just too far away. We're in Northglenn, which is North on I-25 and we're always going to the South side. Our impression is the North half is kind of farmy. It offers a straight shot to DIA, but we're constantly going South of I-70 for errands (Namely Whole Foods and Deby's Bakery).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver