Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 02:03 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,555,088 times

Advertisements

Park Hill near between 17th and Montview has that old charming character and some walkablity. Schools are so-so. If I worked at CU Med Center, I'd probably do Stapleton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 10:53 AM

13 posts, read 14,651 times
Thank you all for your replies. Im gonna look into the recommendations and hopefully (if we end up moving there) will come back with some more questions.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:51 AM

13 posts, read 14,651 times
Now that you guys gave me info and i actually looked online i realize that 700K is not enough. I chose that price point because thats what our 116 yo Victorian house in "old big money" Sewickley is worth. Now I know we need to spend more money. I think our max budget would be 1.5M. People keep telling my husband about Cherry Creek. is that where i should look? TIA.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limopa View Post
Now that you guys gave me info and i actually looked online i realize that 700K is not enough. I chose that price point because thats what our 116 yo Victorian house in "old big money" Sewickley is worth. Now I know we need to spend more money. I think our max budget would be 1.5M. People keep telling my husband about Cherry Creek. is that where i should look? TIA.
Cherry Creek is nice. Wash Park is probably more what you're looking for. $1.3 to $1.5 is entry for a decent sized updated house in Wash Park. Cherry Creek is mostly duplex/townhomes and you are looking at $1.8 for a decent sized townhome. The commute from Cherry Creek and Wash Park to CU Med isn't great.

At $1.5M, I would definitely look in Park Hill between 17th and 23rd north and south and Colorado Blvd & Monaco To the east and west.

Last edited by SkyDog77; 02-24-2017 at 10:36 AM..

Old 02-24-2017, 10:31 AM

You could also look at Hilltop.

See what I found on #Zillow!
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7.../13395602_zpid

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4.../13394690_zpid

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7...125716305_zpid

Old 02-24-2017, 11:12 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
OP, you should search the threads on "Cherry Creek" so that you are clear on the differences between the Cherry Creek neighborhood of Denver (nice but not a very family oriented area) and the Cherry Creek school district, which is a very highly regarded district but with primarily very suburban neighborhoods (not within the city of Denver) feeding into it. Many people say "Cherry Creek"as a location when they really mean the areas that are in the Cherry Creek school district.

Agree to start with Wash Park, Park Hill, Hilltop as a starting point for the established city of Denver neighborhoods. The more east you stay in Denver, the better the commute to Anschutz will be.

Old 02-25-2017, 09:04 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
OP, you should search the threads on "Cherry Creek" so that you are clear on the differences between the Cherry Creek neighborhood of Denver (nice but not a very family oriented area) and the Cherry Creek school district, which is a very highly regarded district but with primarily very suburban neighborhoods (not within the city of Denver) feeding into it. Many people say "Cherry Creek"as a location when they really mean the areas that are in the Cherry Creek school district.

Agree to start with Wash Park, Park Hill, Hilltop as a starting point for the established city of Denver neighborhoods. The more east you stay in Denver, the better the commute to Anschutz will be.
Bromwell Elementary, always highly regarded on this forum, is in the Cherry Creek neighborhood.

I don't know quite what you mean by "very suburban" neighborhoods re: the Cherry Creek SD. It does take in Cherry Hills Village and other quite wealthy suburbs, but also part of Aurora, and Centennial where the average home value is ~$400,000 (per Zillow), certainly much less than one would need in the city neighborhoods being mentioned.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Bromwell Elementary, always highly regarded on this forum, is in the Cherry Creek neighborhood.

I don't know quite what you mean by "very suburban" neighborhoods re: the Cherry Creek SD. It does take in Cherry Hills Village and other quite wealthy suburbs, but also part of Aurora, and Centennial where the average home value is ~$400,000 (per Zillow), certainly much less than one would need in the city neighborhoods being mentioned.
Cherry Creek School district is fed by suburban communities. It's accurate to call it very suburban as opposed to the more urban neighborhoods in the city.

As for Bromwell's feeder neighborhood not being "family friendly", I think you have a point, but a lot of Bromwell is outside of the $1.5M price point OP is looking for. Bromwell is only fed by part of Cherry Creek as well. Steck is fed by an equal chunk of the neighborhood. Also a great school.

Old 02-25-2017, 12:16 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Cherry Creek School district is fed by suburban communities. It's accurate to call it very suburban as opposed to the more urban neighborhoods in the city.

As for Bromwell's feeder neighborhood not being "family friendly", I think you have a point, but a lot of Bromwell is outside of the $1.5M price point OP is looking for. Bromwell is only fed by part of Cherry Creek as well. Steck is fed by an equal chunk of the neighborhood. Also a great school.
I'd like to know what "very suburban" means as opposed to suburban. Are there degrees of suburbanism?

Old 02-25-2017, 01:42 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
I'd like to know what "very suburban" means as opposed to suburban. Are there degrees of suburbanism?
I would say that having to get in your car and drive 10 minutes or more to buy a carton of milk is "very suburban"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver