Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2017, 06:36 PM

11 posts, read 14,181 times

Advertisements

I am sure this has been asked before, so I apologize. I have a chance to relocate to Colorado and work in Littleton and I am not familiar with this area. I have visited Colorado but just not this area, so I want to know if it would be easier( as far as commuting) to live west or south of Littleton. I will be renting an apartment. Is there any place in this area that allows a person to have a tiny house? I would like to live near paved biking trails. I appreciate all answers, Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2017, 08:11 PM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Where is work?
Address or cross streets?
"Littleton" is large.
Tiny house parking spot means trailer park in greater Denver.

Old 02-19-2017, 09:17 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,660,633 times
What is your budget for renting?

Depending on where your job is in "Littleton", you do not want to commute west to east in the morning or vice versa in the afternoon. If you've read through any of the posts here, you would understand that Littleton mailing address is not the same thing as the city limits of the City of Littleton. So a description of work in Littleton is too vague.

Lots of paved hiking trails throughout Denver. Look at Mary Carter Greenway for a start. Also Highline Canal. Also Platte River Trails (you can go all the way from downtown Littleton to downtown Denver).

Old 02-20-2017, 08:08 AM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake70 View Post
I am sure this has been asked before, so I apologize. I have a chance to relocate to Colorado and work in Littleton and I am not familiar with this area. I have visited Colorado but just not this area, so I want to know if it would be easier( as far as commuting) to live west or south of Littleton. I will be renting an apartment. Is there any place in this area that allows a person to have a tiny house? I would like to live near paved biking trails. I appreciate all answers, Thanks
If you're looking for an apartment NEAR small houses, consider south Windermere St. from Belleview to Littleton Blvd. going south and going east to west off Windermere about 5 blocks east AND west of there. Lots of apartment houses on south Windermere from Powers to Littleton Blvd. I lived in one of them for years in the early 70's called Southview Place, which these days are now set up for seniors only.

The houses there are usually 3 bedroom, some are 2 bedroom. It's an older part of the Littleton area. Woodlawn shopping center is nearby, some nice mom and pop restaurants in the area, my favorite being Romano's.

Good luck!

Old 02-21-2017, 06:23 PM

Thank you for replying. The company is located on North Mead Way. My budget for renting is $1200.00

Old 02-21-2017, 10:01 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,660,633 times
I found a Mead Way near Santa Fe Drive south of C-470. There's a real nice mobile home park on the northwest corner of Santa Fe and C-470 where you may be able to put your tiny home.

Lots of apartments in the area, but I'm not sure what you may find in your budget. Double H has some good suggestions.

Old 02-22-2017, 04:37 AM

So would it make more sense to look at Lone Tree or Highland Ranch?

Old 02-22-2017, 08:02 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
I found a Mead Way near Santa Fe Drive south of C-470. There's a real nice mobile home park on the northwest corner of Santa Fe and C-470 where you may be able to put your tiny home. Lots of apartments in the area, but I'm not sure what you may find in your budget. Double H has some good suggestions.
I think that mobile home park is for retirees 55 and older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake70 View Post
So would it make more sense to look at Lone Tree or Highland Ranch?
Not with a $1,200 budget.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 02-22-2017 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: Merged 2:1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver