Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 07:49 PM

2 posts, read 81,980 times

Advertisements

Hey there,
I know that Pit Bulls are not allowed in and around most of Denver, but I am having trouble finding information on them being allowed in Colorado Springs. By boyfriend and I are planning on moving into the northeast part of Colorado Springs but we have two Pit Bulls and want to make sure we understand the laws before making the move. Please and thank you for your help.

Amanda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 08:13 PM

2 posts, read 81,980 times
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3]BLACK = breed specific law in place
RED = breed specific law repealed
GREEN = decided against a breed specific ordinance

Colorado

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]Aurora, Broomfield, Castle Rock, Commerce City, Cripple Creek, Denver, Estes Park, Federal Heights, Fort Lupton, Golden, Lafayette, La Junta, Lakewood, Longmont, Lone Tree, Louisville, Loveland, Northglenn, Parker, Rocky Ford, Wellington, Westminster

I hope this all helps you because it helped me. See ya all in Colorado
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Old 03-13-2010, 04:24 PM

1 posts, read 40,979 times
Is Boulder apart of the ban?

Old 05-23-2010, 08:17 AM

1 posts, read 40,687 times
For those of you who have moved to the Denver area with a pit bull, were you successful in finding pit bull friendly neighborhoods and towns? We will be moving there soon and want to buy a house as soon as possible, but in the meantime, we will have to rent. I appreciate any information from those who have done it. Thanks.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:07 PM

21 posts, read 101,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 910gale View Post
For those of you who have moved to the Denver area with a pit bull, were you successful in finding pit bull friendly neighborhoods and towns? We will be moving there soon and want to buy a house as soon as possible, but in the meantime, we will have to rent. I appreciate any information from those who have done it. Thanks.
I live in Unincorporated Araphahoe County zip code 80112 (englewood) and we have a few pit bulls in our neighbor hood

Old 05-25-2010, 06:47 AM

8 posts, read 58,526 times
I'm pretty sure Boulder hasn't banned pit bulls, but you'll get a whole lot of bad juju from the other dog owners here. Pits are great with people, assuming they don't have a bad owner, but pits and wolf hybrids have a very bad reputation (deserved or not) around here for being animal aggressive, and everyone with dogs will give you a wide berth and try to get you not to come back to that path/dog park/etc because they fear for their dogs. Since Boulder is Ground Zero for dogs-as-part-of-my-family - the idea of calling dog owners 'guardians' originated about 100 yards from where I'm writing this - people are very condemnatory of dogs that might be a threat to their buddies, and stories of pits attacking other dogs in the dog park get passed around a lot. A lot of people I know won't go to dog parks in Longmont because of all the pits there.

Old 09-04-2010, 10:23 PM

1 posts, read 40,487 times
I live in Aurora, but when I need to put my pitbull in a kennel I take her to a kennel in Federal Heights where they claim to be pitbull friendly

Old 12-05-2010, 11:36 AM

1 posts, read 40,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisajhaynes View Post
I live in Aurora, but when I need to put my pitbull in a kennel I take her to a kennel in Federal Heights where they claim to be pitbull friendly
so are pit bulls allowed in aurora?

Old 12-12-2010, 12:43 AM

120 posts, read 383,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo81682 View Post
Hello! I have been working diligently trying to find a section in Littleton/Highlands Ranch or Parker that will allow us and our part/pit mix. We are very good people, but every time we find a place the HOA does not allow our dog. ANY HELP?! We are getting married and moving in 2 months! Any suggestions?
You can have a pitbull in Highlands Ranch. County laws trump any rules HOA's have. That being said, you can not have a pitbull everywhere in Douglas County. I suggest if you're looking to get correct information regarding where you can have a pitbull (or any other dog breed in question) that you contact the Animal Control that deals directly with that area. They are very knowledgeable and have been the only place where I have been able to get clear and concise information regarding this issue. Best of luck.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:59 AM

553 posts, read 1,544,770 times
I really hate the fact that Colorado government interferes so much in our lives. Where I live now, I have a huge yard with an 8 ft privacy fence all around it. I wanted to adopt a pitty which is legal in Unincorporated Adams County. However, when we went to the shelter to adopt one, they wouldn't even let us meet anything that even looked like a pit bull because my son was 12 yrs old at the time. They claimed that was a state-wide law, no matter what city your in. I have no idea if that's true or not, but that's what I was told. I promise you, my Dachshund is far more likely to bite you before a pit bull would. Good luck with everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver