Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 12:12 PM

9 posts, read 12,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
The best place to live if you have multiple dogs or pittbulls is BUY YOUR OWN HOME with a nice yard in a municipality that will accept your lifestyle. It would be more humane and kinder to the dogs and you would not have problems with landlords who need to make smart decisions to protect their assets against liability issues. Your complaining is not going to change the situation. If you cannot buy your own home because you cannot save enough money then you will always have problems renting. Perhaps you need to do a little planning and reduce your desires and needs and you will be able to save, like many people have done for generations.

Livecontent

Kinda harsh, in this economy plenty of people can save and be employed however still not be approved for a home.

I'm also sure that the OP was looking for valuable information about moving to the denver area with a pit, something I can related too, so why don't we stick to useful comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 08:37 PM

1 posts, read 3,069 times
[url=http://www.dogsbite.org/legislating-dangerous-dogs-colorado.php]Colorado - Breed-Specific Laws (BSL) - Legislating Dangerous Dogs - DogsBite.org[/url]

Here is a link that is current as of July 31st 2012, also try the animal law center Jay Swearingen is an expert in Animal Law and has overturned several cases.

Old 08-04-2013, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,631 times
Smile pitbulls in douglas county

I need to know if you live in copper canyon may i go get my pit bull - has been staying with my sister - he is more loving than my little dog who will bite your feet if you get near him - my pit bull loves people but i will be moving in with my daughter at copper canyon apartments in highlands ranch colorado! Anyone know anything about this...please advise!! Thank you!

Old 11-03-2013, 07:22 PM

2 posts, read 4,998 times
In Boulder, the only apartment complex I have found that has NO breed restrictions is Timer Ridge apartments. I looked all over and just about every other apartment complex that was pet-friendly had breed restrictions. I had to move quickly a few months ago so I had to use Craigslist and rent a room from a the owner of a private residence. That can be tricky!

Old 01-27-2014, 02:16 AM

1 posts, read 2,369 times
pitbulls ARE allowed in Colorado springs. one of my neighbors has two another has one and another has one also and I know several other people who have pitbulls

Old 02-01-2014, 06:29 AM

1 posts, read 2,350 times
I know these post are from 2010 but I have been thinking about a possible move to Colorado close to Denver but I have a mixed breed that could very well have pit bull in him so I am kinda in this boat looking for pit bull friendly places. I am not going anywhere if I can't take my babies and I am not going to put them in danger either. If anyone else is looking as well and runs across this I have found a site that might be helpful but I've never been to Colorado so I would investigate more before moving. [url=http://www.animalrescueoftherockies.org/info/display?PageID=12447]Denver Area Breed Bans[/url] It states a list of areas where there are laws against pit bulls and a little more detailed info on the laws. There may be more places than what they have listed though not sure about how up to date it is.

Old 02-10-2014, 03:54 PM

80 posts, read 151,500 times
Aurora's ban was changed a few years back to only include a few breeds and to state a DNA test showing 51% or higher percentage must be performed for the dog to be considered a banned breed. The city council is also discussing the possibility of creating a dangerous dog ordinance, as opposed to a breed restricted ordinance. If Aurora switches, it's only a matter of time before Denver switches since they are butted up against one another. Denver's already under heavy fire for how they've (mis) presented dog bite statistics since the breed ban (not accurately). Effort to lift Aurora pit bull ban headed to full city council - Aurora Sentinel

I am not sure if Denver has a similar percentage based law or not, but it would be worth checking into, since a very large percentage of dogs in the U.S. are mutts without having 51% genes from one particular breed.

Here's Aurora's dog ordinance showing the DNA percentage. It's Section 14.75: http://library.municode.com/HTML/103...CA_DIV2DO.html

Last edited by AMidnightSoul; 02-10-2014 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: added ordinance link

Old 03-13-2014, 04:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,188 times
This has helped me as well..moving to co..for a job..have a pittbull..almost didn't take it over her til I read here..pits are like any other breed all in how u raise them..I have a mutt way meaner then my pitt

Old 04-30-2014, 08:16 AM

1 posts, read 2,092 times
The repeal of the Aurora ban might still happen. On March 24, 2014, the city council voted to delay a decision on repeal until after an upcoming public safety meeting. "Councilwoman Barb Cleland is considered the tie breaker, but she said she can't make a decision until a related vicious dog ordinance is re-examined and presented to council along with the question to repeal . . . She said residents have quoted stipulations in the vicious dog definition that aren't there, and she wants to hear the actual language and clarify anything outdated or questionable at a public safety meeting May 6." From The Denver Post --http://www.denverpost.com/aurora/ci_25424573/repeal-pit-bull-ban-aurora-could-still-come#ixzz30NYDbYQX

Old 06-27-2014, 05:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,961 times
Does any one know if Mixed Pitbulls(grand shepherd) are illegal in Westminster?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver