Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2017, 08:16 PM

112 posts, read 123,869 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Due to unsuccessful research attempts, I figured I would ask here.

I was born in Cuba and lived in Florida for the past 15 years.

I relocated to Colorado 9 months ago.

My husband and I are looking to visit Florida in July. As a Cuban born, I need to get a cuban passport.

My mother knows of agencies in Florida that will take care of the paperwork and getting it done for you, all you have to do is pay and wait for them to call you to pick up your passport.

I cannot find any agencies that provide those services here in Colorado in order to get my Cuban passport.

Does anyone know of any cuban agencies here in Colorado? I am willing to travel to surrounding states if need be, otherwise, I will end up having to book a flight to South Florida just to apply for my passport.

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2017, 07:23 PM

11 posts, read 8,452 times
I'm guessing you meant to say you want to visit Cuba not Florida, in July? Have you called the agencies to ask if you can do it all over mail? I live far from Miami now and have been doing paperwork with an agency like that but it's not a passport. Avoid booking non-refundable travel until the passport is in your hand (or an agency). Sometimes the Cuban passports randomly take far too long for no reason. My mom applied with her sister and mom, and hers took almost 2 years (and no one could say why) while the others were done in a few months. Now that she has it, she leaves in a little less than 2 weeks. (I'm moving to Denver so I can't speak to whether there are any agencies there that can help.)

Old 03-06-2017, 07:44 PM

211 posts, read 563,679 times
I'm Cuban but in Chicago not Denver. My mother needed to go to Miami to apply for a Cuban passport, but even then, the government rejected her application. According to them, she didn't have enough proof she was Cuban despite having a Cuban birth certificate.

Old 03-06-2017, 07:53 PM

11 posts, read 8,452 times
I hope you don't have to coordinate with a US citizen that's not Cuban born. Their visas only take a couple months to be granted but then only last 3 months. It would just make it even trickier. Good luck.

Old 03-14-2017, 09:10 PM

112 posts, read 123,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba_mama View Post
I hope you don't have to coordinate with a US citizen that's not Cuban born. Their visas only take a couple months to be granted but then only last 3 months. It would just make it even trickier. Good luck.
My husband and both my kids are born and raised here. I am the only Cuban. I am dreading this already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver