Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 10:11 AM

1,849 posts, read 1,809,130 times

Advertisements

I would think you can find a job easily in your field, but I always advise against moving to a place without a job - especially Denver where the COL is going up fast. I would put your friend's address on your resume and start sending it out and fly in for interviews and whatnot before moving without a job, IMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2017, 09:01 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
This is the last city to move to without a job, but you sound like you'd be in pretty high demand. The healthcare field here is pretty wide open.

So you CAN do it, but I'd start looking for a spot now and take your friends up on their offers. Line up multiple spots, so you don't stay too long with any one person and wear out your welcome.

Old 07-08-2017, 09:20 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
If you don't find a job, 6th and Colorado seems like a hot spot to panhandle.

Old 07-08-2017, 10:20 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
This is the last city to move to without a job, but you sound like you'd be in pretty high demand. The healthcare field here is pretty wide open.

So you CAN do it, but I'd start looking for a spot now and take your friends up on their offers. Line up multiple spots, so you don't stay too long with any one person and wear out your welcome.
Colorado has the lowest UE rate in the country. If a person has some savings, it's safe to move here in hopes of finding a job. A lot of places won't interview out of state applicants, so it gets to be a chicken and egg thing.

Old 07-10-2017, 03:30 PM

278 posts, read 467,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post

Why do you call it the "last" city to move to without a job? What about Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, or Boston?

There are plenty of places with higher housing costs. And there are plenty of places with fewer jobs.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:58 PM

3 posts, read 1,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtta View Post
Why do you call it the "last" city to move to without a job? What about Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, or Boston?

There are plenty of places with higher housing costs. And there are plenty of places with fewer jobs.

While Denver isn't the most expensive city in the US, it certainly isn't the cheapest. Unfortunately, the metro RE market has already surpassed Portland's.

Metro Denver reached a median home price of $420,000 in April.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/05/04/metro-denvers-average-home-sale-price-april-2017/

While metro Portland saw a median home price of $350,000 in January.

http://www.oregonlive.com/front-porch/index.ssf/2017/03/portland-area_home_prices_push.html

*Edit* It appears that I'm unable to hyperlink due to being a new member.

Last edited by Diz303; 07-10-2017 at 09:15 PM..

Old 07-12-2017, 11:16 AM

244 posts, read 414,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Start at your friend's house. In this economy I bet they'd appreciate you chipping in some while you're there, and it gives you a safe place from which to search for your own place.
This. Prior to you having secured income, it is much wiser to not be locked into a lease. People are moving here in droves. You will have stiff competition to gain a position regardless of the field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: