Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 11:47 AM

1,795 posts, read 1,860,831 times

Advertisements

I glad Denver and Seattle are the new IT cities, it keeps hipsters moving to Nashville in record numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 12:01 PM

277 posts, read 303,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Plus you can go to the Castle Café anytime you want!
I haven't been there yet!! Need to try it out!

Old 07-27-2017, 12:05 PM

34,128 posts, read 18,381,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyupgrl View Post

Nothing fancy, but I used to go there a lot, and always had good food, and drink. The place has some interesting history too. Always wanted to check out the Old Stone Church, but never did for some reason. That's a bit more upscale.

Old 07-27-2017, 01:05 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,938,308 times
Quote:
Plus you can go to the Castle Café anytime you want!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyupgrl View Post
Quote:
Nothing fancy, but I used to go there a lot, and always had good food, and drink. The place has some interesting history too. Always wanted to check out the Old Stone Church, but never did for some reason. That's a bit more upscale.
I might head over there this weekend. As for Old Stone, I also haven't been. I've heard the food isn't all that great, but it is a good place to swing in for a drink.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:50 PM

2,174 posts, read 4,266,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Lots to offer like horrible traffic...
Traffic here is nothing here compared with the northeast/mid-atlantic or LA/SF.

Old 07-27-2017, 07:04 PM

2,588 posts, read 2,285,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZMpac View Post
But many things are bad and getting worse---traffic, crime (I dont care what the city of Denver stats say), population density, cutthroat business practices, crowds on just about every trail and lake within 2 hours of Denver, and the influx of scuz legalization has brought.

Why would marijuana legalization attract the scuz? They use it regardless of legality. Also, if I'm not mistaken it's considered much less serious to get caught with than the other illegal drugs.

Old 07-27-2017, 07:33 PM

1,613 posts, read 3,223,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
So how do you feel that your salary, with this promotion and raise, stacks up to the cost of living here in Denver? Is it sufficient have the living standard you expected to have?
I feel it is sufficient. The cost of living In FL is different but the % raise was higher than the % cost of living so it works out to be able to maintain, even slightly improve the living comfort here vs. what I had previously.

Weather is 100x better here though so thats worth money in itself

Old 07-28-2017, 07:02 PM

277 posts, read 303,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I might head over there this weekend. As for Old Stone, I also haven't been. I've heard the food isn't all that great, but it is a good place to swing in for a drink.
For Old Stone Church... the bar side of the restaurant has a way cooler vibe than the main eating space. You can still order from the full menu. I actually think the food is pretty good!

Old 07-29-2017, 08:38 AM

5,110 posts, read 3,372,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
It's pretty to look at but my food was definitely not great, accompanied by a waiter who couldn't have been more snooty at noon on a weekday when the place was empty.

Old 07-29-2017, 01:48 PM

5,322 posts, read 5,049,918 times
Jobs are one of the biggest drivers. If you look nationwide, that a LOT of what drives housing price increase (or construction for places like TX) and migration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
I glad Denver and Seattle are the new IT cities, it keeps hipsters moving to Nashville in record numbers.
I don't know how Denver's IT scene will fare 5-10 years out. It seems to be diversifying out to a nationwide industry and is less dependent on the "traditional" hubs. A big wildcard is what will happen with Level 3. If they leave to Louisiana that will put a BIG dent in the scene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver