U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 06:16 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,821,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikernut View Post
I've used SuperShuttle many times. They've never failed me.
How many additional stops and how much extra time is typical with SuperShuttle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2017, 07:26 AM

2,073 posts, read 1,816,702 times
I'm far from the RTD expert, but could you take Uber/Lyft to the W line and use that to get to Union Station and the A line?

I drove my next door neighbor to catch RTD a few weeks ago at 3:30 am. It was a short drive, so it wasn't a big deal. They are excellent neighbors and I was happy to do them a favor.

Old 08-19-2017, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_dog_us View Post
I'm far from the RTD expert, but could you take Uber/Lyft to the W line and use that to get to Union Station and the A line?
If I was certain an Uber/Lyft would definitely available at that hour, I'd just take it to the airport. It's not about saving $20 to add 30+ minutes to the trip to the airport and dragging bags around the train station.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:34 AM

4,881 posts, read 9,630,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
How many additional stops and how much extra time is typical with SuperShuttle?
Barry, if you go to the SuperShuttle website, there are options for shared ride for one fee and non-stop ride for a higher fee. I entered my old address in Centennial and it was $29 one way shared and $66 one way for non-stop. You tell them what time your flight is and they will tell you what time they will pick you up.

Seems to be the most stress-free way, unless you want a private town car LOL.

Old 08-19-2017, 09:01 AM

3,466 posts, read 1,704,920 times
Just make sure you allow plenty of time. I took someone to DIA recently at 4 a.m. and in addition to major construction and lane closures on Pena, the security line was very long and slow.

Old 08-19-2017, 10:20 AM

4 posts, read 7,682 times
Quote:
I have a flight coming up that leaves from DIA at at 6:15 AM. Coming from Lakewood, I probably need to leave 4:30ish AM. I don't want to drive/park, as I'll be away for 3 weeks.

What are my options for transportation at that hour? I suspect there wouldn't be any Uber drivers roaming around at that time.
Been driving uber/lyft for a month now, if you are within 15ish mins of downtown Denver you'll have a number of drivers working overnight finished with bar jobs and looking for the fare you are offering. How many depends on the day of the week, less out there Tuesday thru Thursday morning. That said, I'll make myself available if you provide the details.

Old 08-19-2017, 02:52 PM

473 posts, read 693,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
Barry, if you go to the SuperShuttle website, there are options for shared ride for one fee and non-stop ride for a higher fee. I entered my old address in Centennial and it was $29 one way shared and $66 one way for non-stop. You tell them what time your flight is and they will tell you what time they will pick you up.

Seems to be the most stress-free way, unless you want a private town car LOL.
I've found Super Shuttle to be a huge pain in the butt. Rarely on time, too many stops, and for around the same price +/- $10-$15 can take Uber or Lyft.

I've taken Uber/Lyft at all hours - just give a little extra time, but still less time than you'd need waiting on a shuttle.

Old 08-19-2017, 05:54 PM

6,910 posts, read 6,510,604 times
You can also schedule Uber pickups on the app now. It's likely not going to be an issue.

There are plenty of smart drivers available at that hour. They love the airport rides. I use them almost every week. Usually do a 7:00am flight sometimes 6:00am and never have a problem.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
You can also schedule Uber pickups on the app now.
I haven't used Uber for a few months. At that time, all the schedule feature did was put the time you wanted in, and then about 5 minutes before the appointed time, it made the request active.

Does schedule work differently now where it actually alerts or looks for a driver more than a few minutes be the scheduled time?

Old 08-19-2017, 09:40 PM

6,910 posts, read 6,510,604 times
Quote:
I haven't used Uber for a few months. At that time, all the schedule feature did was put the time you wanted in, and then about 5 minutes before the appointed time, it made the request active.

Does schedule work differently now where it actually alerts or looks for a driver more than a few minutes be the scheduled time?
I've never used it so not sure. Like I said, never had a problem just calling a ride at that hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver