Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 12:19 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,700,318 times

Advertisements

Well I live in an area where I've seen Trump stickers/hats, so you won't be completely out of place
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2017, 06:24 PM

126 posts, read 145,488 times
I agree that Denver is not very liberal. They all vote democrat, but when you drill down into their beliefs, they're solidly moderate. Many of our elected officials (other than Ms. DeGette) reflect this positioning. I live in Denver and there are many, many Republicans in my midst (they tend to be of the fiscally conservative, socially liberal variety). I tend to avoid political discussions with people other than very close friends and family, which I think is a good plan for EVERYONE. (Nothing ruins a fun Friday happy hour more than a political discussion! Blah!)

Old 09-10-2017, 07:43 PM

2,175 posts, read 4,298,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I'm in Parker. Out of curiosity from reading this thread, I looked up the voter registration for my street. Of 15 people registered on the street I live on, 8 registered republicans, 6 democrats, and 1 no affiliation. Pretty even split.
How do you look that up?

Old 09-11-2017, 09:07 AM

15 posts, read 27,285 times
These posts have been really helpful. Seems like I am not going to have too many problems living there. I actually talked to some people I know that live in Erie, they're more on the conservative/religious spectrum and they are as happy as could be living there. As far as actually living there, I'm really looking forward to actually seeing snow and not having to endure any more 100+ degree days (at least hopefully not as many)

Old 09-11-2017, 10:10 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,183,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrunner12 View Post
I'm really looking forward to actually seeing snow and not having to endure any more 100+ degree days (at least hopefully not as many)
I believe one particular year when we were living in North Texas (I think it was 2011) and had to endure over 90 consecutive days of 100+ degree temps, and then twice that Winter, drove home from DFW during ice storms, seeing cars off the road everywhere.

Good times...living somewhere with a better climate was actually one of the reasons we left and came to Denver.

Old 09-12-2017, 06:09 AM

1,943 posts, read 2,296,787 times
MY son is white and is married to a Taiwanese girl , the both speak fluent Chinese and English in public they get some staring probably because they converse in both languages which is somewhat unusual to the average american but there is no Overt racism. They Love Colorado. MY daughter in-law had a little trouble because of her heavy accent and was made fun of by stupid ignorant yahoos in a lower class area when she worked at a King Soopers. Where they live now is a middle to upper middle class area and there are intelligent mixed race couples with children.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:07 AM

15 posts, read 27,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
I believe one particular year when we were living in North Texas (I think it was 2011) and had to endure over 90 consecutive days of 100+ degree temps, and then twice that Winter, drove home from DFW during ice storms, seeing cars off the road everywhere.

Good times...living somewhere with a better climate was actually one of the reasons we left and came to Denver.
Yep that was 2011, and it was terrible. It was too hot to go outside and you couldn't get in the lakes bc the water level was too low and the bacteria level was too high. It does seem that Colorado gets massive hail storms and tornadoes like we do here, so I guess that will be the same lol

Old 09-12-2017, 10:46 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,508,680 times
You'll be fine as long as you don't move to Boulder. Colorado is 1/3 Democrat, 1/3 Republican and 1/3 Unaffiliated. You'll find a lot of Dems who support Bernie and a lot of Ron Paul-style Republicans. Hillary may have won but not by much.

Old 09-13-2017, 08:16 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,555,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
You'll be fine as long as you don't move to Boulder. Colorado is 1/3 Democrat, 1/3 Republican and 1/3 Unaffiliated. You'll find a lot of Dems who support Bernie and a lot of Ron Paul-style Republicans. Hillary may have won but not by much.
1.33 to 1.20.

Old 09-13-2017, 08:44 AM

1,020 posts, read 808,657 times
Denver is pretty live & let live, you'll be fine. But if you want to be surrounded by conservatives, move the the north end of Colorado Springs, an hour south :-) I don't recommend the commute, but you'll have almost all conservatives for neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver