Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2018, 12:40 PM

1,406 posts, read 793,662 times

Advertisements

(Saw a few other threads but they were old so looking for current info)

One of the areas we've been looking at is Belmar (the condos behind the shopping district). It's convenient to both our work (we both work off 6th Ave, in opposite directions), most of the shopping we need close by, several good restaurants, movies right there.

If you live there or know someone who does, maybe you can help me out.

1. Are they all condos (flats) or are there any townhomes?
2. How is parking?
3. How annoying is it having all that shopping so close?
4. How are the HOAs? Looking for one that is minimally intrusive
5. Any issues with pets?
6. How are the units and buildings themselves?
7. Any flooding issues when it rains?
8. Any other issues
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2018, 03:05 PM

2,175 posts, read 4,272,037 times
I live in Belmar.

1. Not sure what a flat is, but there are some townhomes. Look by Saulsbury and Virginia. There are also rentals.
2. I park under my building in deeded spots, so no problem for me. There are a number of parking garages for visitors as well as street parking. If you own'rent an apt/condo/townhome, I'm sure parking is provided.
3. I'm 60 ft above street level and not directly facing the retail, so no problem for me. Guess it depends where you are. I find having the shopping so close very convenient. I walk to Target, Whole Foods, the library, local stores and restaurants, etc.
4. Guess it depends if you're trying to paint your place purple or store an RV :-) I've had no issues. Each building/complex has its own HOA.
5. Pets are permitted in my building.
6. There's not one builder, so it varies. My building was very well done. I've heard some others not so well done.
7. I had a roof leak once. Fixing the roof was the HOA's responsibility and it was taken care of.
8. I'm happy here. I find it a great location for my interests (closer to the mountains than the rest of town).

Old 11-16-2018, 03:20 PM

1,406 posts, read 793,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
I live in Belmar.

1. Not sure what a flat is, but there are some townhomes. Look by Saulsbury and Virginia. There are also rentals.
I meant a single story condo, with other units above and/or below as well as beside.

Quote:
7. I had a roof leak once. Fixing the roof was the HOA's responsibility and it was taken care of.
I was actually wondering more about the streets, whether they tended to flood in heavier rain.

Thanks for the info! It does seem like a good area for us.

Old 11-16-2018, 05:29 PM

2,175 posts, read 4,272,037 times
Yes, there are single story condos with other units beside, above, below.

I've been here 9 years and I've never seen the local streets flood.

I did see three 100 year floods of the Delaware River, in 25 years, where I used to live :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver