U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2017, 07:42 PM

20,844 posts, read 39,064,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
....Another oddity in Denver: the left turn signal that blinks yellow. It's effective and I understand it's intent--I just haven't seen it in any other city.
I live in Peoria, AZ, i.e., greater Phoenix, and we have a ton of signals where the left turn lane blinks yellow.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2017, 03:21 PM

2,515 posts, read 1,653,039 times
Quote:
You probably didn't notice that I live in Phoenix. We don't have blinking yellow left turn signals here
Scottsdale installed these in 2008 and Chandler shortly thereafter, not sure about Phoenix city limits but certainly in the valley they exist.

http://www.chandleraz.gov/content/Ye...ations_Map.pdf

Old 11-24-2017, 04:23 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,403 posts, read 39,732,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Denver is the hub of the entire Rocky Mountain region.
Quote:
You probably didn't notice that I live in Phoenix.
Having been Rocky mtn centric most of my life... Denver is a lot more similar to Phoenix, than the Rocky mtns (Denver = crowded, flat and smoggy with mtnís visible but not close)

Beyond Boulder (popular in the 1970ís)... Missoula / SLC / Bozeman / Calgary are all more RM centric than Denver.

Blinking traffic lights... a splendid idea from 10pm - 7 AM. Commercial drivers appreciate this!

Old 11-26-2017, 07:27 PM

5,070 posts, read 9,064,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I live in Peoria, AZ, i.e., greater Phoenix, and we have a ton of signals where the left turn lane blinks yellow.
They are found at almost every intersection in Las Vegas now with a single left turn lane.

Old 11-26-2017, 07:45 PM

6,906 posts, read 6,501,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Having been Rocky mtn centric most of my life... Denver is a lot more similar to Phoenix, than the Rocky mtns (Denver = crowded, flat and smoggy with mtn’s visible but not close)
Having visited Phoenix many times, the character of that city is nothing like Denver. All that they share in common is that they are large cities in the West. Phoenix reminds me a lot more of Vegas than Denver.

Old 11-30-2017, 06:34 AM

1,019 posts, read 1,103,282 times
Phoenix ....yuck except in January ...how to people live there it is so frickn hot ...
in many suburbs it is hard to tell where you are .

Old 11-30-2017, 12:21 PM

12,259 posts, read 8,040,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Having visited Phoenix many times, the character of that city is nothing like Denver. All that they share in common is that they are large cities in the West. Phoenix reminds me a lot more of Vegas than Denver.
This. That was the first thing I thought of when visiting Phoenix.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:21 PM

122 posts, read 124,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I lived in Phoenix for 6 months and completely agree with this too.

You have green in Denver including lots of trees compared to PHX. Only green i remember in PHX was cactus and golf courses.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:29 PM

6,906 posts, read 6,501,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianmedia View Post
I lived in Phoenix for 6 months and completely agree with this too.

You have green in Denver including lots of trees compared to PHX. Only green i remember in PHX was cactus and golf courses.
The other thing I found Phoenix lacking in was neighborhoods with character. There is nothing like Congress Park, Wash Park, Highland, etc in either Phoenix or Vegas. Just lots of Suburbia.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:39 PM

540 posts, read 255,240 times
i lived in Denver 30 years. At this point feel I can not comment what it initially felt like except for the obvious:
-its got 4 distinct seasons
-easy to figure west while driving

Last edited by daprara; 11-30-2017 at 01:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver