Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 10:41 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
Eventually the VA? The one that was supposedly nearing completion 2.5 years ago when I moved away from Denver? The one with the tens of millions of dollars in cost overruns? The one whose design wasn't even adding any bed capacity? That VA?

OP, we lived in Stapleton as well, and initially it wasn't on our radar screen for many of the reasons you mentioned. But, as other posters have said, it really does check many, if not most, of your boxes. In the end, it kind of grew on me and I enjoyed it very much (though my husband did not). So, do indeed give it a second look, but if it's not your cup of tea, don't force it.
lol, yes THAT VA. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2017, 11:56 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Are you planning to send your kids to Montessori or Waldorf for elementary school? If so are you planning on public or private schools? What else are you looking for in terms of neighborhood? For instance is walkability important (urban vs. suburban)? Are you looking for an area with a lot of kids?

Old 12-16-2017, 06:26 AM

4 posts, read 5,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Are you planning to send your kids to Montessori or Waldorf for elementary school? If so are you planning on public or private schools? What else are you looking for in terms of neighborhood? For instance is walkability important (urban vs. suburban)? Are you looking for an area with a lot of kids?

A Montessori program would be ideal...truthfully I haven’t wrapped my head around elementary quite yet as we have 2 more years of preschool ahead. I’m open to both public and private. Walkability is important but I realize we are priced out for a lot of the desirable urban areas. And yes...I would like an area with other small kids and families.

Old 12-16-2017, 09:22 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsdaletodenver View Post
A Montessori program would be ideal...truthfully I haven’t wrapped my head around elementary quite yet as we have 2 more years of preschool ahead. I’m open to both public and private. Walkability is important but I realize we are priced out for a lot of the desirable urban areas. And yes...I would like an area with other small kids and families.
I would say Littleton is a good option then. If you live close to it's downtown (80120) you can have the same kind of walkability that you would find in the desirable city neighborhoods of Denver and since LPS is a good district, there are a lot of families with kids there. It is cheaper then similar areas in the city of Denver. Western centennial is a good option as well.

You might also want to check out the Harvard Gulch/Rosedale neighborhood in Denver near DU as it tends to be family friendly while sill being pretty walkable with decent public schools. The Denver Waldorf School is in this area.

University Hills, Virginia Village and Corey Merrill neighborhoods might be worth checking out as well as I believe you can find things in your price range in all three.

Old 12-19-2017, 07:01 AM

1,943 posts, read 2,296,787 times
Platt park has the Goddard school north of University, Willshire , Rosedale , Cherry hills vista neighborhoods but the homes prices....

Old 01-14-2018, 05:20 PM

776 posts, read 1,062,997 times
We lived in Leawood area of Littleton off Bowles and pierce st. Until october 2016. Kids went to columbine high and Leawood elem. Loved the area, loved the people/neighbors and loved our easy commutes..

600k is acceptable and you would likely spend 425k-625k depending on the house and sqft.

Old 01-15-2018, 09:27 AM

401 posts, read 487,222 times
I would think the only issue with Littleton may be the commuting, if your husband is covering up to Ft Collins, out to Centennial and then needing to visit the airport every week or so you might want to find somewhere North of Denver so you are closer to the middle of all of these places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver