U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 02:08 PM

2,254 posts, read 4,506,971 times

Advertisements

That neighborhood is a real oddity. Most people don't even know it exists when I tell them. I found it after reading about the old Aloha Beach Club, which was apparently quite the happening spot back in the day. The houses are on a gated "peninsula" and most have direct water access from the back yard. They are sort of boring 90's style architecture. The water is actually pretty cool looking and and you are not that far from downtown. i can't think of any other place in greater Denver where you have boat access to a lake in your backyard except maybe one or two small lakes (Bowmar?) in South Denver.

You should check out Evergreen. The lake is beautiful and there are lots of houses on or near the water or with nice views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2018, 02:14 PM

5,199 posts, read 8,325,396 times
https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...52_rect/12_zm/

"huge freshly stained double deck & amazing views of mountains and Standley Lake!"

Check the dining room, and deck photos

Old 01-17-2018, 03:27 PM

21,016 posts, read 11,641,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed303 View Post
https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...52_rect/12_zm/

"huge freshly stained double deck & amazing views of mountains and Standley Lake!"

Check the dining room, and deck photos
Unfortunately, the view of the lake is across a highway. Not what I envision when I think about a lakefront view.

Old 01-17-2018, 04:52 PM

13,228 posts, read 24,324,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietude View Post
If Quincy Reservoir has any decent view properties, I've missed seeing them.
It does. I viewed one several years ago with a deck overlooking the lake, in the Summer Valley tract IIRC.

It was positively serene (but not facing the mountains), but many of the homes over there are very small, and have layouts that make little sense for most people.

Old 01-17-2018, 08:11 PM

5,199 posts, read 8,325,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Unfortunately, the view of the lake is across a highway. Not what I envision when I think about a lakefront view.
Actually, that is W. 88th Ave where it crosses a hiking trail, and small creek that feeds into the lake.

Old 01-17-2018, 08:46 PM

8,121 posts, read 2,839,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
It does. I viewed one several years ago with a deck overlooking the lake, in the Summer Valley tract IIRC.

It was positively serene (but not facing the mountains), but many of the homes over there are very small, and have layouts that make little sense for most people.
Mine isn't small (about 1700sf) and what I think is an owner-finished layout in the basement is a little quirky, but I'm fixing it. Biggest downchecks for me are the up-down entrance (I'd prefer to walk into one level and have full stairs to the other), and the dropaway back yard with the views of 4 neighbors, the next street and Kansas.

But in general, the layout and features (2 full bath) suit me very well, and the lower living room with walkout access is fabulous for the dogs. I am busily fixing all the other minor issues. The next owner better appreciate it.

Old 01-18-2018, 08:10 AM

17 posts, read 7,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
That neighborhood is a real oddity. Most people don't even know it exists when I tell them. I found it after reading about the old Aloha Beach Club, which was apparently quite the happening spot back in the day. The houses are on a gated "peninsula" and most have direct water access from the back yard. They are sort of boring 90's style architecture. The water is actually pretty cool looking and and you are not that far from downtown. i can't think of any other place in greater Denver where you have boat access to a lake in your backyard except maybe one or two small lakes (Bowmar?) in South Denver.

You should check out Evergreen. The lake is beautiful and there are lots of houses on or near the water or with nice views.

It dies appear Aloha Beach is an oddity since no one seemed to know much about it. It was one of the homes on Redfin. I like the home itself, don't really care about having access to boating as mush as I liked the view. The downside, from what I've read here, is the surrounding neighborhood is junk. I wondered if it the area was undergoing gentrification.

I checked out a home in Evergreen and it looks as though it is in the mountains. Is that the case?

Old 01-18-2018, 08:13 AM

17 posts, read 7,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post

I will take any view of water I can. In this case it appears the tree can be cut down to have a better view. I'm definitely going to check it out.

Old 01-18-2018, 11:20 AM

13,675 posts, read 13,496,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrenajo View Post
It dies appear Aloha Beach is an oddity since no one seemed to know much about it. It was one of the homes on Redfin. I like the home itself, don't really care about having access to boating as mush as I liked the view. The downside, from what I've read here, is the surrounding neighborhood is junk. I wondered if it the area was undergoing gentrification.

I checked out a home in Evergreen and it looks as though it is in the mountains. Is that the case?
Honestly, the thing to do right now, imo, is to look for nice homes in junk neighborhoods. Gentrification is spreading out from Denver. Even if we go through an economic downturn, when it swings up again the gentrification is likely to pick right back up. One of the reasons I bought my house when I did was because I spoke with a well-known economist and he advised me to buy back in 2013 based on the fact that during the last real estate bust, Denver homes held their value better than in other parts of the country. The city is very desirable based on its location in the center of the country and its proximity to things like the mountains.

Evergreen is nice, but I'd compare the bang for the buck and how close you are to the conveniences of Denver. I prefer rural, but I am not about to leave Edgewater given that I can walk to everything that I need. Still, Evergreen isn't that far away from everything, unless there's snow.

Old 01-18-2018, 11:32 AM

21,016 posts, read 11,641,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Honestly, the thing to do right now, imo, is to look for nice homes in junk neighborhoods. Gentrification is spreading out from Denver. Even if we go through an economic downturn, when it swings up again the gentrification is likely to pick right back up. One of the reasons I bought my house when I did was because I spoke with a well-known economist and he advised me to buy back in 2013 based on the fact that during the last real estate bust, Denver homes held their value better than in other parts of the country. The city is very desirable based on its location in the center of the country and its proximity to things like the mountains.

Evergreen is nice, but I'd compare the bang for the buck and how close you are to the conveniences of Denver. I prefer rural, but I am not about to leave Edgewater given that I can walk to everything that I need. Still, Evergreen isn't that far away from everything, unless there's snow.
Depends on whether or not kids are involved. Even as property values go up, it can take a long time for a crappy school in a junk neighborhood to improve. That's why people like me are willing to pay premium prices for the Stapletons of the world. When that's not a concern, it can still be a gamble, but I agree that in the Denver market, it's a pretty good bet these days!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver