U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2018, 10:58 AM

10 posts, read 6,439 times

Advertisements

Will be moving to Denver and need help picking the right school for my kids. Can anyone recommend an educational consultant who knows the landscapes of Denver elementary schools (public and private, but likely private)? I want to speak with someone who really understands the intricacies of each school and which will be the best fit for us. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 11:48 AM

918 posts, read 983,858 times
If you're looking at Denver proper (public and private) for elementary I recommend the following:

http://www.preparingfordenverkindergarten.com/

They'll be able to point you towards the best public schools, and which ones you actually have a snowball's chance in hell of getting into, and also the private school inroads as well (adding to to the diversity of the student body is a yuuuuge plus right now).

Old 02-06-2018, 01:26 PM

21,013 posts, read 11,633,974 times
So I guess "your friend" is you after all?

Single mom - where to move?

Did you decide on a house/location yet?

It's probably too late for DPS, the more desirable schools will be full after the currently ongoing choice process. And there aren't all that many private schools, with about half of them being religious ones, which may or may not be a good fit.

Old 02-06-2018, 02:10 PM

2,905 posts, read 4,904,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post

3rd person panda is back!

And yes, is it location driving schools or schools driving location? Confusing.

Old 02-06-2018, 02:18 PM

6,904 posts, read 6,499,225 times
Quote:

It's probably too late for DPS, the more desirable schools will be full after the currently ongoing choice process. And there aren't all that many private schools, with about half of them being religious ones, which may or may not be a good fit.
There are some outstanding non religious private schools, but the good ones are very competitive.

Colorado Academy, Graland, and Stanley British Primary are all worth looking at.

Old 02-07-2018, 03:59 PM

390 posts, read 278,103 times
I agree with "preparing for kindergarten" they know their stuff. If you are looking in Adams 12, I have done a lot of work on school boards etc and would be happy to help.

Old 02-07-2018, 04:24 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,386,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floralpanda View Post
Will be moving to Denver and need help picking the right school for my kids. Can anyone recommend an educational consultant who knows the landscapes of Denver elementary schools (public and private, but likely private)? I want to speak with someone who really understands the intricacies of each school and which will be the best fit for us. Thanks.
Try the Independent Educational Consultants Association. https://www.iecaonline.com/ That's the main professional association for Educational Consultants and they have a searchable membership directory on their site.

In Denver, I can recommend Steven Antonoff. He is a true professional and a leader in the educational consulting field, although I'm not sure if he works with families at the elementary school level.

Still, give Steve a call. If he can't help you, he may be able to point you towards another professional consultant who can. He's an IECA member and his contact information is in the IECA directory.

Old 02-10-2018, 08:51 AM

54 posts, read 64,017 times
Educational consultants for elementary school? This isn't NYC....

Old 02-21-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewile View Post
3rd person panda is back!
Nope, that post wasn't for me as I originally stated.

Old 02-21-2018, 09:32 AM

Thanks for those who have responded helpfully. Many of you are very kind to offer to help - and I'll definitely follow up with the suggestions posted. Thx again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or