U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 10:11 AM

12 posts, read 9,462 times

Advertisements

I love this dating debate! It doesn't seem like it will be too hard to find a cool hiking/ Skiing buddy. I always set expectations low any time I've relocated somewhere.

Any big seasonal festivals, concerts, or events that will be taking place in Denver that I should be aware of for the summer of 2018?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2018, 02:21 PM

6,902 posts, read 6,494,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche718 View Post
I love this dating debate! It doesn't seem like it will be too hard to find a cool hiking/ Skiing buddy. I always set expectations low any time I've relocated somewhere.

Any big seasonal festivals, concerts, or events that will be taking place in Denver that I should be aware of for the summer of 2018?
Red Rocks Concert season is awesome. It’s the best venue in the country. Check the schedule. Red Rocks Entertainment Concerts

This is going to be the big festival in town this summer. https://www.grandoozy.com/?utm_sourc...UaAowHEALw_wcB

If you want to head up in the mountains there are some big events in Aspen and Telluride.

Whatever you do, don’t miss the largest beer festival in the country. https://www.greatamericanbeerfestival.com

Quote:
The Great American Beer Festival is the premier U.S. beer festival and competition.

Each year, GABF represents the largest collection of U.S. beer ever served, in a public tasting event plus a private competition. GABF brings together the brewers and diverse beers that make the U.S. the world’s greatest brewing nation.

Old 04-15-2018, 06:41 PM

437 posts, read 698,060 times
Quote:
What are some of the best spots in Denver to meet the 20-24 educated professional female populous?
If you're actually looking for educated young females, no doubt they'll know it's "populace," not "populous."

Old 04-15-2018, 07:23 PM

20,836 posts, read 39,046,511 times
The place for educated young females is DC or NYC.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-15-2018, 09:59 PM

1,787 posts, read 1,125,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Cool story bro. Let us know when you accumulate some relevant living experience in Denver that's more recent than 2001.
The evidence is out there - I will dig deeper and respond but it’s hard to do that with a garbage keyboard on an iPhone.

Think of this - you’ve seen this I’m sure, fat, loud, tattooed bearded bros In Denver with girls that are better looking than them. They’re probably dumb dudes, But somehow “fit the mold” of local culture. Likely passive aggressive and aloof so not offensive for opinionated.

Well that stuff doesn’t do well on the coasts. Perhaps girls are either just complacent or just give up. I found out that people like me tend to get lost in the shuffle of the many bros in Menver.

Maybe it’s if you don’t have the right opinion of the local culture you can get screwed. Either way, I still saw lots of not put together 30 plus year olds in Denver on both sides.

Old 04-16-2018, 05:43 AM

@N610DL Yes, Please dig deeper. I would love to get a better idea of the culture before I make the move.

@SkyDog77 Wow, great information once again. I just checked out some pictures of the concert venue! Breath taking!!

You truly know the key to my heart my friend. I definitely will not miss that beer festival. Even if I accept a position elsewhere. it looks like it would be worth the flight.

Update:

I just received another offer in NYC and it is paying a fair bit more than the Denver opportunity (understandably due to the increased cost of living in the geography). I am still gravitating towards Denver because of the outdoor activities and more laid-back lifestyle. I will be flying out in two weeks to spend some time in Denver before I make the final decision. I have about 6 weeks before I make a final decision, so I will keep you posted!

Old 04-16-2018, 06:59 AM

6,902 posts, read 6,494,653 times
Quote:
@N610DL Yes, Please dig deeper. I would love to get a better idea of the culture before I make the move.

@SkyDog77 Wow, great information once again. I just checked out some pictures of the concert venue! Breath taking!!

You truly know the key to my heart my friend. I definitely will not miss that beer festival. Even if I accept a position elsewhere. it looks like it would be worth the flight.

Update:

I just received another offer in NYC and it is paying a fair bit more than the Denver opportunity (understandably due to the increased cost of living in the geography). I am still gravitating towards Denver because of the outdoor activities and more laid-back lifestyle. I will be flying out in two weeks to spend some time in Denver before I make the final decision. I have about 6 weeks before I make a final decision, so I will keep you posted!
It’s the biggest party Denver throws every year. There are tons of side events, tastings, beer dinners, etc because everyone who’s anyone in the brewing community is in Denver that week.

As for N610DL, he has a very negative view of the city and a very high opinion of himself. You can search his post history if you want a perspective on where he’s coming from and form your own opinion about whether or not his struggles here were mostly self inflicted.

FWIW, my single friends have never had trouble dating. They are mostly in your income bracket but 10-15 years older.

Old 04-16-2018, 07:39 AM

@skydog77 Thanks! I appreciate all of the advice my man!!

Old 04-16-2018, 12:10 PM

1,661 posts, read 4,042,733 times
TBH I would stick with NYC as a single young male. You have the rest of your life to 'settle down' to a place, but nothing beats NYC and surround metropolitan areas for what you are looking for.

Old 04-21-2018, 06:33 PM

20 posts, read 10,114 times
Quote:
Good Morning Denver,

I am considering relocating to Denver for a promotion. I made 180k last year and I’m being offered 240k this year. I want to rent for a year to get the lay of the land while I decide if Denver is a good fit.

I want to live in a luxury high-rise community with 24 hour security, covered parking, pool, gym, and amazing community areas.

Please help me in my search for the best neighborhood to relocate to in Denver?

I am looking communities in Capitol Hill, Downtown, Cherry Creek, 5-points, and Cheesman park. Am I on the right track in terms of neighborhoods? Please rank them?

Buildigs I have taken a look at on “Apartments.com” are impressive, but im not sure where to start. I would really appreciate some recomendations based on personal experiences!

What are some of the best spots in Denver to meet the 20-24 educated professional female populous?

Is Denver a great city for singles? The dating pool in my current city is very weak!

Please feel free to give me personal experiences in Denver that will allow me to maximize my time in the city!

Best!!
LoHi or LoDo. LoHi crowd/women seem a little more sophisticated than the LoDo nightlife scene. LoHi would be my selection if I were you.

The singles scene is good. There are plenty of gold diggers here so I would watch out for that if I were you unless you are into that type of thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or