Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 09:39 AM

824 posts, read 704,675 times

Advertisements

dont feed the trolls

Old 06-18-2018, 09:54 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daprara View Post
dont feed the trolls
I don't think they are trolls but they are in the wrong sub forum. This discussion has turned into something you would normally see in the Politics and Other Controversies forum.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:04 AM

977 posts, read 1,327,585 times
Interesting concept, the Colorado Sun and the Civil platform on which it will be based, but at the end of the day it comes down to a group of journalists getting 2 years of venture funding to build a news platform that can operate based upon user transactions versus selling advertising and marketing data.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:04 AM

824 posts, read 704,675 times
here is self info on the new Colorado Sun:
https://www.cpr.org/news/story/the-c...-and-tech-cash

their funding:
-will be accepting donations of any type
-subscription is $5/mo

business - technical partner:
Civil Media Company CEO Matt Iles

Old 06-18-2018, 10:47 AM

2,289 posts, read 2,943,980 times
I'm hopeful that this will turn into something great, but so far I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe they will be able to survive once the funding dries up. How will they differentiate themselves from free sites like Denverite? I think they can get people to pay $5 a month for local coverage, but that coverage has to be solid and there needs to be a lot of it.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:52 AM

977 posts, read 1,327,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_dog_us View Post
I'm hopeful that this will turn into something great, but so far I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe they will be able to survive once the funding dries up. How will they differentiate themselves from free sites like Denverite? I think they can get people to pay $5 a month for local coverage, but that coverage has to be solid and there needs to be a lot of it.
If they can get above the 2-3 original articles per day average that Denverite does and go up to 20-30 per day that might be enough.

Old 06-18-2018, 03:16 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
17 indictments and 5 guilty pleas. Yeah nothing to see here. We should shut it down because it’s a witch hunt. (That keeps finding witches)

Just because you don’t like the news doesn’t make it untrue. Don’t forget they also mentioned that he is forcing the separation of children from their parents at the border and trying to blame Democrats for his policy. All Senate Democrats just cosponsored a Bill to stop this. 0 Republicans are supporting. Your awesome president is a disgusting liar with zero conscience. Glad some of the news media is still doing its job and reporting on almost every time he lies even though it’s near impossible to keep up with.

Excited to see what The Sun looks like.

As for OP’s read on what they will be doing, I’m not sure I agree with your assessment. They aren’t going to be covering small day to day news like car crashes and house fires. They will be doing big local investigative stories is what it sounds like. I’m good with that.

It kind of seems like you saw the word “blockchain” and shut down because you don’t like new technology, not because of any real reason.

https://www.cpr.org/news/story/the-c...-and-tech-cash
Waa! Not My Pwesident! Waa!

Hatch Grassley and Graham are tearing your
17 indictments and 5 guilty pleas weaponized politicized FBI a new ass today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daprara View Post
dont feed the trolls
I got here 11 years before you skippy. I dare you to go against tos on me or any other poster here.

Old 06-18-2018, 03:30 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
I thought this thread was about newspapers? Closed.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver