U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 02:46 PM

75 posts, read 158,997 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Uptown Dallas and I'm thinking of moving to Denver soon (in the next few months). I've read up on some of the neighborhoods but still have some questions about what would be the best fit for me. I'm a single guy, mid 30's with no kids. Looking for an area with the following...

Plenty of nightlife (doesn't have to be fancy I love patios and cool dive bars the best).
Singles scene with women in their 20's and 30's.
Walkable to somewhat walkable would be a huge plus.
I like to hike and kayak but totally ok with having to drive an hour or so to get there so I don't think that narrows any choices.
Rent budget is about $1,600/month.

So far I've been focused on LoDo, Capital Hill and North Capital Hill. Am I missing something?

Uptown Dallas has a stigma for being a bunch of douchebags and 30k millionaires. Would really like to get away from that scene but also want to be in the middle of the fun with a younger single crowd.

Any suggestions?

Oh and I work remotely from home so location has nothing to do with my job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 04:43 PM

571 posts, read 282,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCIV View Post
I currently live in Uptown Dallas and I'm thinking of moving to Denver soon (in the next few months). I've read up on some of the neighborhoods but still have some questions about what would be the best fit for me. I'm a single guy, mid 30's with no kids. Looking for an area with the following...

Plenty of nightlife (doesn't have to be fancy I love patios and cool dive bars the best).
Singles scene with women in their 20's and 30's.
Walkable to somewhat walkable would be a huge plus.
I like to hike and kayak but totally ok with having to drive an hour or so to get there so I don't think that narrows any choices.
Rent budget is about $1,600/month.

So far I've been focused on LoDo, Capital Hill and North Capital Hill. Am I missing something?

Uptown Dallas has a stigma for being a bunch of douchebags and 30k millionaires. Would really like to get away from that scene but also want to be in the middle of the fun with a younger single crowd.

Any suggestions?

Oh and I work remotely from home so location has nothing to do with my job.
Sound exactly like downtown Denver- you will fit right in!

Old 06-19-2018, 08:00 PM

1,787 posts, read 1,125,055 times
Alamo Placita (south capitol hill.) Very walk-able and better parking than regular cap hill.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N610DL View Post
Alamo Placita (south capitol hill.) Very walk-able and better parking than regular cap hill.
But is there anything to walk to? I looked on street view and it looks very suburb-ish with lots of houses and not many bars or restaurants except on 6th. I'm more interested in an area with condos/apartments, bars, nightlife, etc.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHS79 View Post
Which part? The criteria I had listed or the douchebag part? lol

Old 06-19-2018, 08:31 PM

13,946 posts, read 20,190,335 times
20s and 30s

Brought you by the Committee to Save the Apostrophe from Abuse.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
20s and 30s

Brought you by the Committee to Save the Apostrophe from Abuse.
Wow

Old 06-19-2018, 08:48 PM

141 posts, read 139,533 times
Hey man, I moved to Denver when I was 39 back in 2010 coming from Dallas (West Village area, so I know what you're talking about).

I think Uptown and RINO would be good areas to check into (I live in Uptown currently).

Old 06-19-2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcolby View Post
Hey man, I moved to Denver when I was 39 back in 2010 coming from Dallas (West Village area, so I know what you're talking about).

I think Uptown and RINO would be good areas to check into (I live in Uptown currently).
Awesome. Thanks so much for the info.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:02 PM

6,522 posts, read 10,191,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHS79 View Post
Nah Uptown Dallas is extremely pretentious. Lots of self-absorbed, phony 20-something bros fakin' it 'til they make it and vapid, materialistic gold digging women who'll throw themselves at anybody with money (no matter how terrible your personality is). It's the worst of the worst as far as Dallas goes. N610DL happens to love it (which speaks volumes).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or