Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 06:21 AM

2,886 posts, read 7,131,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
Yes, seriously. I thought $285 per month for a clean, nicely kept 1BR aptmt near Cherry Creek State Park was pretty darned cheap. That rent was not an outlier lowball, either.
I remember paying $210 per month for a run of the mill 1 bedroom in Congress Park in the early 80s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 01:49 PM

2,066 posts, read 899,962 times
After living all of my 52 years in Maryland, my ex moved my four kids to N/W Wyoming. Both my parents had passed, and I bore little love for my birth state, especially in light of the crime in Baltimore seeping out to the suburbs (around the time of the Freddie Gray riots/burnings/lootings), and deadlocked traffic at rush hour on every artery in the vicinity.

Was dating a well-travelled Russian woman, together we started taking trips to other cities, and I liked Denver/CO Springs a lot. Also covered all of Oregon, Phoenix, Albany, South Miami, San Antonio, and my kids' town, Cody. Maybe one or two others. Spent two weeks last August in Portugal and Spain. Realized it was time to pull off the blinders and relocate.

Got a job in Aurora, sold my beach house and put my single family home in MD on the market, and moved 1650 miles (drove the 25 hours in one leg stopping only for coffee and Gatorade). New job lasted 7 months, so I vaulted from Aurora (near Buckley) to Boulder (Gunbarrel), where I've been for four months or so. Seven hour drive from my kids.

I'm not sure if I will remain here permanently, home prices (even for a tiny place, I don't need much space) are through the roof. I'd like to roll my home sale proceeds into a condo downtown or something, but at present my small apartment (2 BR, one of which only has a standing shelf, table and chair) suits me and my Samoyed for now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver