U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 09:05 PM

13,947 posts, read 20,190,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
When I moved here, someone told me to never put my summer or my winter clothes away. You’ll need them year round.
Especially if your hat is made of cheese.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2018, 02:04 PM

86,880 posts, read 102,269,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
When I moved here, someone told me to never put my summer or my winter clothes away. You’ll need them year round.
On June 1 you can put away:
*Ski jacket/parka
*Snow boots
*Snow hat
*Gloves
Any wool garments
Probably flannel shirts, unless you're planning some mountain camping
*Keep accessible if you're going to go 4th of July skiing somewhere. It happens, some years.
Get them out again September 1

On November 1 you can put away:
Tank Tops (except those you wear to the gym)
Lightweight shorts (ditto)
Sundresses if you wear them
Capri pants " " " "
Get them out again May 1

Old 07-02-2018, 02:20 PM

20,970 posts, read 11,615,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
You've heard correctly. It can be 70 for a high on New Year's Day and 70 on the 4th of July. About the only thing you can count on is that it won't go below freezing during the summer months, and won't go above 90 (probably 80 actually) during the winter months. I've seen it snow in September (but not lately) and snow in June. I've seen January days in the 70s.
I know people like to accuse us of making stuff up about the weather, but all of this is accurate. Not that it's 70 every day all year round, but yeah, it can hit 70 in the winter. And can snow in June - not usually but there's a fairly good chance of some snow in May.

Halloween is a total crapshoot on whether it's going to be in the 30s with snow or in the upper 80s with kids melting underneath their costumes, or anywhere in between

Old 07-02-2018, 02:26 PM

4,774 posts, read 2,924,486 times
Took me about 8 months, but I love Denver. So many things to do here. If I were to change anything? More rain and diversity. But, I gotta say I'm impressed.

Old 07-02-2018, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Took me about 8 months, but I love Denver. So many things to do here. If I were to change anything? More rain and diversity. But, I gotta say I'm impressed.
It took me a few years to get used to the weather here. So different from IL or PA. But so fun!

Old 07-03-2018, 09:14 AM

4,774 posts, read 2,924,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
It took me a few years to get used to the weather here. So different from IL or PA. But so fun!
I just had a great weekend showing my friend around and the weather was anywhere from the 60s-90s. I just thought to myself, "is there any other place on Earth that I can do this many things in this sort of weather?"

Old 07-03-2018, 09:58 AM

893 posts, read 1,917,708 times
I know everyone just said weather was all over the place - what is the weather typically like in Estes Park near end of August? and in Denver near end of August?

Old 07-03-2018, 10:21 AM

6,523 posts, read 10,191,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
I know everyone just said weather was all over the place - what is the weather typically like in Estes Park near end of August? and in Denver near end of August?
End of August in Denver is typically in the lower 80s with overnight lows in the upper 40s/low 50s.
Estes Park is mid-70s and lower 40s.

Old 07-03-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
End of August in Denver is typically in the lower 80s with overnight lows in the upper 40s/low 50s.
Estes Park is mid-70s and lower 40s.
True, bluescreen. But. . . it can be in the 90s in Denver with lows in the 60s, or 60s during the day and 40s at night, or anything in between. Likewise, it can cold and rainy in Estes at the end of August, and snowing in Rocky Mountain NP. Try as I may, I can't find any information about snow at the end of August. It snowed there on Sept. 30 of last year, the day my daughter had an outdoor wedding. (No snow at the wedding, but later than evening.)

Old 07-03-2018, 12:38 PM

5,070 posts, read 9,060,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumbling View Post
I've heard CO weather is crazily unpredictable.
Weather is very predictable...it won't stay the same for long and it can be just about anything except sultry and humid. The weather forecasts aren't that bad, usually a day in advance they get it right. So as long as you commit to watching a weather app or the news nightly its fine and the climate here was one of the things I was most attracted to and it hasn't disappointed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver