U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 10:09 AM

555 posts, read 1,035,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left-handed View Post
What I'd really like to see is an expansion of East-West highways/avenues on the east part of town between Colfax and Hampden.

Where would these go exactly? Whose houses would have to be torn down to make space for them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2018, 07:53 PM

2,658 posts, read 2,304,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left-handed View Post
It does look nice, though I don't suspect we'll see any major impacts to the associated neighborhoods until decades in the future.

What I'd really like to see is an expansion of East-West highways/avenues on the east part of town between Colfax and Hampden.
Evans Ave could be widened from I-25 east to Quebec St. There is land available on the south side which can be utilized. Its been a few years since I drove there, maybe its changed.

Old 08-04-2018, 09:12 PM

437 posts, read 698,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Evans Ave could be widened from I-25 east to Quebec St. There is land available on the south side which can be utilized. Its been a few years since I drove there, maybe its changed.
That's one of only two streets I'm aware of in Denver proper that might have some chance of widening. You'd probably have to relocate some businesses, but Evans in that area is a horribly narrow-laned mess.

The only other street I know of that might qualify for widening is a north/south street: Quebec Street from Lowry north 23rd St or so. In that case, there are several dozen run-down houses that definitely should be purchased by the city/county, relocating their owners and making them rich, to bring that bottleneck out of the dark ages.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:12 AM

2,243 posts, read 930,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
Where would these go exactly? Whose houses would have to be torn down to make space for them?
I don't believe there are any houses that would be impacted as this road is strictly a commercial thoroughfare. I can't speak to any businesses that might be impacted.

Unfortunately, this is a said fact of life with living in a growing city. You need the infrastructure to support it. NIMBY-ism is not the answer.

Old 08-08-2018, 08:57 PM

2,560 posts, read 1,805,150 times
It's going to be a toll road???
That's lame, but I don't live here...

In AZ, ADOT is building the south mtn loop freeway which will be built through that low mountain range. I think 900 million.

Last edited by DougStark; 08-08-2018 at 09:14 PM..

Old 08-08-2018, 09:28 PM

437 posts, read 698,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
Um, no, it's going to have a single toll lane/express lane in each direction.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...u-need-to-know

Old 08-10-2018, 08:06 AM

2,658 posts, read 2,304,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
That's lame, but I don't live here...

In AZ, ADOT is building the south mtn loop freeway which will be built through that low mountain range. I think 900 million.
The master plan for I-70 is make the two inside lanes a toll and the outside three lanes general purpose, so 6 lanes each direction if you count the auxiliary lanes.

With south mtn freeway, it will be an alternative route as a bypass from central Phoenix. No tolls, which is nice.

Old 08-10-2018, 10:36 AM

758 posts, read 581,345 times
This is a complete waste.

They should have expanded that 25/76/270 loop...hell make it 10 lanes. That route only adds like 3-4 mins, and there is a reason why that way is still faster than sitting in the traffic on 70. It's all industrial over there with endless room to grow. Knock down 70, and declassify it as an interstate.

This photo sums up exactly why this whole project is useless....3 whole mins/3.5 extra miles.

Old 08-10-2018, 12:08 PM

6,903 posts, read 6,494,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Ski View Post
This is a complete waste.

They should have expanded that 25/76/270 loop...hell make it 10 lanes. That route only adds like 3-4 mins, and there is a reason why that way is still faster than sitting in the traffic on 70. It's all industrial over there with endless room to grow. Knock down 70, and declassify it as an interstate.

This photo sums up exactly why this whole project is useless....3 whole mins/3.5 extra miles.
Your picture assumes that unloading all the traffic that is currently on i-70 is not going to change the travel time on the other corridor. That’s crazy.

It also assumes no southbound traffic on I-25. Equally crazy. I mean can you even imagine what a ****show that section of I-25 would turn in to? It’s already terrible.

From CDOT

Quote:
Reroute Concept

Myth: “CDOT has never studied the concept of rerouting I-70 along I-270 and I-76.”

Fact: Over the 13-year study process, several alternatives for the project were developed based on input from the community at corridor-wide meetings, through involvement with affected agencies at scoping and committee meetings, and from previous studies and new concepts developed by the project team.

One of the alternatives initially considered would reroute I-70 along I-270 and I-76. The existing viaduct between Brighton Boulevard and Colorado Boulevard would be removed, leaving 46th Avenue in place. 46th Avenue and the remaining portions of I-70 from Colorado Boulevard to I-270 and 47th/48th Avenue from Brighton Boulevard to the existing I-70/I-76 interchange would be converted to a six-lane principal arterial. This alternative also would require the reconstruction of the I-76/I-270/I-25/U.S. Highway 36 (US 36) interchanges; modifications to the I-25/I-70 interchange; improvements to I-25 between the I-270/I-76 Reroute Alternative and the existing I-70; and major widening and reconstruction of I-270 and I-76 (currently only four lanes each) for approximately 13 miles to accommodate relocated traffic.

After the 2008 Draft EIS was published, based on requests and comments received from the public, the project team re-examined the I-270/I-76 Reroute Alternative as part of a comprehensive review of past decisions. The intent of this reexamination was to ensure that past decisions and assumptions were still valid given new information and community feedback. Further study of the reroute concept was conducted as part of the SDEIS and again for the FEIS.

The additional analysis confirms the earlier decision to remove the I-270/I-76 Reroute Alternative from consideration. Listed below are the primary reasons for not advancing this alternative as a result of the additional analysis.

Does not improve congestion and safety conditions
Negatively Affects Mobility
Eliminates Emergency Access and Route Redundancy, Reducing Safety
Financial Feasibility
Stakeholder Concerns
Impacts to Others

Last edited by SkyDog77; 08-10-2018 at 01:31 PM..

Old 08-12-2018, 02:07 PM

538 posts, read 254,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Still chaps my ass that they're flushing money down the drain to sink the freeway and build the deck park (downwind from the dog food factory no less)...
-YES; that will be one stinky park
-the park will be over run with homeless
-State is funding the current park
-at one point in 2017 Denver was going to build similar park over i70 near Vasquez

-the effected homes and business are already bought out
and
mostly located on the north side of i70
so question:
why was the north i70 side effected more than the south side??

I always thought the current expansion plan was favored by the RiNo developers.
so
who has the debs to replace the dog food plant with a 22 story high rise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or