Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 10:32 AM

567 posts, read 1,462,582 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am looking for a real estate agent for a Buyer's representation.
Qualities sought:

- Honest.
- Great professional work ethics.
- Strong bias towards Buyer's side.
- Good negotiator.
- Knowledgeable of housing market around Broomfield, Westminster, Superior, Louisville, Erie, Lafayette, Arvada, Thornton areas.
- Able to quickly look at house HVAC equipment and read manufacturer's date.
- Not playing just a passive role when showing properties.
- Paying attention also to the house "bones" / structure etc.
- Manifesting a lot of patience in assisting a family with their first home purchase.
- Inclination towards attention to details, explanatory, educative and energetic.
- Preference for agents living in / or closer to those areas.
- Male.

Any agent meeting the qualifications stated above, please PM with contact info and references/testimonials.
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2018, 10:51 AM

11,815 posts, read 34,287,950 times
It seems you are looking for a combination of a home inspector and a real estate broker. I have 29 years of experience and can find the manufacturing date on furnaces and hot water heaters, so will the inspector. They are on each unit per government regulation. I would want to know the service history of the mechanicals.

Ask your broker for a 1004MC report from the MLS.

You are allowed to interview as many brokers, and you should. I wouldn’t put your gender bias on an Internet forum.

Old 08-10-2018, 10:58 AM

2,333 posts, read 2,601,590 times
For what area? Agents specialize or at least the good ones do. They can tell what the upgrades were/are, why others sold for more/less. They have specific knowledge that someone outside an area would not know.

Old 08-10-2018, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
It seems you are looking for a combination of a home inspector and a real estate broker. I have 29 years of experience and can find the manufacturing date on furnaces and hot water heaters, so will the inspector. They are on each unit per government regulation. I would want to know the service history of the mechanicals.

Ask your broker for a 1004MC report from the MLS.
I was asking about some basic ability to look at things inside the property, because I've been previously living in Canada, and that's what realtor are able to usually do (or at least some of them).

I wasn't aware that here in Colorado, the agents are more often than not, playing a rather passive role?
Can they do more than just opening the door and just let you and the family roaming around, and without explaining stuff or looking at things?

Quote:
You are allowed to interview as many brokers, and you should. I wouldn’t put your gender bias on an Internet forum.
Yeah, I agree, it's a sensitive aspect. The bias is due to expecting the person to be practical, not having issue looking a bit "under the hood" etc. But I do understand the issue.

Thanks a lot for the wise advice!

Old 08-10-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
For what area? Agents specialize or at least the good ones do. They can tell what the upgrades were/are, why others sold for more/less. They have specific knowledge that someone outside an area would not know.
I have specified the target areas in the original post: Broomfield, Westminster, Superior, Louisville, Erie, Lafayette, Arvada, Thornton areas. Something within less than 30 minutes driving distance at peak hours, from my place of work :-)

Thank you.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:56 PM

11,815 posts, read 34,287,950 times
Where will work be? Cross streets help.

Here is a link to tune buyer agency contract. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Q...NZUnhIU1U/view

And the purchase contract? https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Q...96S1VsTlk/view

Both show what licensees can and should do.

Old 08-10-2018, 03:26 PM

776 posts, read 1,055,668 times
go to UpNest.com and put in a bid and you will get proposals from many brokers that you can chose to interview only the ones you want and they will offer a rebate back to you toward your closing costs. We have used this service for years now and it has worked so well! Do not let an agent tell you otherwise. I have no affiliation with the service or website. Just a happy customer~

Old 08-10-2018, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Where will work be? Cross streets help.
The workplace is in Westminster, near Westmoor Dr. and W 108th, in that business park immediately behind the Rock Mountain airport. Simms St. is at the other end of Westmoor Dr.

Thank you for the contract templates!

Old 08-10-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtloucks View Post
go to UpNest.com and put in a bid and you will get proposals from many brokers [...] I have no affiliation with the service or website. Just a happy customer~
Thanks so much for the advice!

Old 08-10-2018, 07:20 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,673,543 times
A broker/agent and an inspector are two different things, and should be. Expecting an agent to do basic inspection as part of their effort is mildly unreasonable; expecting to do without a highly qualified inspector before any purchase (thus negating the need for an agent's skills) is lunacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver