U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 10:05 AM

540 posts, read 259,802 times

Advertisements

Yesterday went to AAA Metric in N Denver for some auto parts and Tire Rack Warehouse east of there. i was driving about 40th av near i70 and traffic was grid locked. just is what it is i guess but not impressed. i drove back to Denver proper via Martin Luther King w/o issue. tho.

Keep in mind i70 will be under construction from i25 to Penna for the next few years.

thinking it is not going to get any better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2018, 11:35 AM

2,517 posts, read 3,503,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daprara View Post
look into small town's like Brighton, Hudson, Ft Luptin...
seems Adams County schools are on the fritz with a 4 day school week. This may be a school bond election issue? Brighton is inside the adams county schools but despite this bad maybe pick Brighton, I like an area; Third Creek Estates, a well funded super clean private water system and larger houses & lots, good internet and natural gas, functional shopping experience.
I had not heard of this 4 day week and we are in Adams County so I looked it up. It seems that is a specific district called 27J.

In our area we have Adams County 5 Star Schools. We have both Broomfield and Westminster area for the elementary - Meridian Elementary. I believe all are on a normal schedule.
https://meridian.adams12.org/about
Boundary map.
https://www.adams12.org/sites/defaul...dian_map_0.pdf

Rocky Top Middle School
https://rockytop.adams12.org/
https://www.adams12.org/sites/defaul...ky_top_map.pdf

Legacy Ridge High School.
https://legacy.adams12.org/about
https://www.adams12.org/sites/defaul...legacy_map.pdf

Old 08-30-2018, 01:38 PM

Adams 27j = Brighton Thornton, commerceCity
Adams county always had a high employee count compared to their population. The property taxes there are high for what you get. Along those lines the associated school district 27j came up with the 4day idea after their 2017 mill Levey was rejected. Just by the looks of things they are still building schools like mad there.

Old 08-30-2018, 05:04 PM

2,517 posts, read 3,503,732 times
I live in Westminster Adams County and our property taxes always seem low compared to newer neighborhoods. The newer neighborhoods in all counties seem to have special assessments and higher taxes to pay for infrastructure. It is definitely a good idea for a buyer to compare property taxes when looking at homes. They can vary wildly for similar priced property even in the same city and county.

Old 08-31-2018, 11:22 AM

property taxes are on a upward spiral so when your re evaluation time comes you till be thanking the baby jesus for TABOR limits.
what your taxes are depends on your very local neighborhood and where you are in the re evaluation cycle.

I really thinks the OP should consider areas like Brighton

Old 08-31-2018, 01:26 PM

9 posts, read 6,046 times
Thanks for all of the great responses! Sounds like I should check out Brighton/Westminster for sure!

Old 09-02-2018, 07:44 PM

86,980 posts, read 102,527,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie Daugie View Post
SE Aurora is definitely closer than Parker and Castle Rock. Castle Rock would feel like a trek and some parts of Parker can feel a bit isolated. If schools are significant, you may want to consider Boulder Valley School District also...Louisville could be a great option assuming something pops up with a large enough yard. Yard size is going to limit your options just about anywhere in Denver regardless of budget. I think you could have enough space and feel less isolated with 1/3 of an acre, which really opens up your options.
There are no 1 acre lots in Louisville, and few if any 1/2 acre lots. 10,000 sf, 1/4 acre, is considered a huge yard there. There are a few of those, but the houses are older w/o being particularly "charming". Plus, the drive to DIA is hellacious, at any time of day or night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ew0824 View Post
Thanks for all of the great responses! Sounds like I should check out Brighton/Westminster for sure!
Not Westminster, drive is about as bad as Louisville. Actually, it's the same drive, just a little farther east. Plus, I am not familiar with any big lot neighborhoods there.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:52 PM

14,012 posts, read 20,317,250 times
You want Big Lots?
Here you go

Old 09-02-2018, 10:11 PM

5,081 posts, read 9,088,459 times
I doubt someone with a $1m budget is going to avoid E-470 because of the cost. I don't use it often due to my location but when I have its been wonderful every time with no traffic and its high speed limit. Makes getting to the airport a breeze. I'd focus on homes near it, especially if your times of going to the airport include any part of rush hours.

Old 09-03-2018, 06:24 AM

6,937 posts, read 6,545,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
I doubt someone with a $1m budget is going to avoid E-470 because of the cost. I don't use it often due to my location but when I have its been wonderful every time with no traffic and its high speed limit. Makes getting to the airport a breeze. I'd focus on homes near it, especially if your times of going to the airport include any part of rush hours.
I wouldn’t use it for a daily commute
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or