U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-04-2018, 05:29 PM
 
9 posts, read 6,065 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Yes, I'm fine with 470 - don't care about the cost. We just need a big enough yard for dogs (1/2 acre is perfect), a great school district and tons of kids! This is totally preliminary, but it seems............the West is prettier? Aurora seems flat and prairie-like........but people talk about good views. Old or new is fine, love craftsman or acadian style.............not a huge fan of mid-90's boring - lol. 45 minutes to the airport is fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-05-2018, 11:00 AM
 
1,255 posts, read 927,836 times
Reputation: 1438
IDK...its difficult to find all this under $1mil. Its my biggest issue with living here is the lack of privacy for houses and the older homes all look like junk. Parker is nice area but most areas east of 25 are flat high desert and way far away from anything but the airport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2018, 11:11 AM
 
766 posts, read 403,262 times
Reputation: 1202
Why don't you build?

https://www.backcountryco.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2018, 12:27 PM
 
Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,612 posts, read 39,986,663 times
Reputation: 23754
Quote:
Originally Posted by ew0824 View Post
Yes, I'm fine with 470 - don't care about the cost. We just need a big enough yard for dogs (1/2 acre is perfect), a great school district and tons of kids! This is totally preliminary, but it seems............the West is prettier? Aurora seems flat and prairie-like........but people talk about good views. Old or new is fine, love craftsman or acadian style.............not a huge fan of mid-90's boring - lol. 45 minutes to the airport is fine.
Louisville, Broomfield, Lafayette, Gunbarrel are all a very EZ commute to DEN via e-470 (likely under 40 min). Todd Creek / Brighton even closer!

I can still do Loveland and Ft Collins to DEN in 1 hr (and would much prefer those to Denver area.... including good schools and supportive communities (and closer to WY for great recreation). )

Good views are on the TOP of my list for housing (These are more likely north / NW of DEN)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2018, 12:48 PM
 
766 posts, read 403,262 times
Reputation: 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Louisville, Broomfield, Lafayette, Gunbarrel are all a very EZ commute to DEN via e-470 (likely under 40 min). Todd Creek / Brighton even closer!

I can still do Loveland and Ft Collins to DEN in 1 hr (and would much prefer those to Denver area.... including good schools and supportive communities (and closer to WY for great recreation). )

Good views are on the TOP of my list for housing (These are more likely north / NW of DEN)
We lived south/south west metro and we had spectacular 180 degree views of the Front Range. Mt Evans was right in the middle of our great room window.

Here is the view off our patio.
Attached Thumbnails
Commute to Airport Often - want schools and big lot-19264574_10213602986775951_286017218567312395_o.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2018, 01:11 PM
Status: "Summer!" (set 22 days ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
87,014 posts, read 102,634,943 times
Reputation: 33082
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Louisville, Broomfield, Lafayette, Gunbarrel are all a very EZ commute to DEN via e-470 (likely under 40 min). Todd Creek / Brighton even closer!

I can still do Loveland and Ft Collins to DEN in 1 hr (and would much prefer those to Denver area.... including good schools and supportive communities (and closer to WY for great recreation). )

Good views are on the TOP of my list for housing (These are more likely north / NW of DEN)
No 1 acre lots on Louisville as I already posted, very few, if any, 1/2 acre lots. Lafayette is similar. There are some areas on the edges of Broomfield that have that size of lot, e.g. Pony Acres is one. Hellacious drive to DIA from any of these places. I don't think Gunbarrel has any 1 acre lots and probably few if any 1/2 acre lots, drive would be even longer and just as bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2018, 02:44 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
1,700 posts, read 4,065,984 times
Reputation: 1261
Here's one in Greenwood Village that I saw while walking around the neighborhood:


https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...1_M18993-36979


House looks dated but it's on a good bit of land in a desirable area with lots of kids just south of Cherry Creek High School. You would have to take I-225 to get to the airport, depending on when you are on it could be pretty easy to pretty bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2018, 03:14 PM
 
766 posts, read 403,262 times
Reputation: 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwalkr View Post
Here's one in Greenwood Village that I saw while walking around the neighborhood:


https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...1_M18993-36979


House looks dated but it's on a good bit of land in a desirable area with lots of kids just south of Cherry Creek High School. You would have to take I-225 to get to the airport, depending on when you are on it could be pretty easy to pretty bad.
That is a fugly house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2018, 05:54 PM
 
Location: Denver
9,224 posts, read 15,942,765 times
Reputation: 5487
Big lots are found in Park Hill and Montclair neighborhoods. I can get to the airport from here in 20-30min.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/Montclair-Denver-CO_rb/

https://www.zillow.com/homes/Park-Hill-Denver-CO_rb/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2018, 06:56 PM
Status: "Summer!" (set 22 days ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
87,014 posts, read 102,634,943 times
Reputation: 33082
^^In the first link, of the first six houses, the largest lot is 0.28 acres; the smallest 0.13 a.

Second link, first 3 are condos. Next four have lot sizes ranging from 0.06a to 0.14 acre (two houses).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:38 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top