U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 09:07 AM

20,925 posts, read 11,597,223 times

Advertisements

Didn't even know it existed. I guess if I was going to a place like that, I'd try there as opposed to Castle Rock, since it's closer. But I honestly can't remember the last time I shopped in Castle Rock, as opposed to just drove past it on my way elsewhere - it's at least 5 years, I think.

On the other hand, with a 14 year old who grows out of his pants and shoes every time I turn around, maybe I'll decide it's worth a trip. He's at such a betwixt and between phase that ordering things online is proving to be too much of a crap shoot. And on a nice day, I'd rather at least walk around outdoors in between stores, rather than go to a mall that is just as far away anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 09:13 AM

12,245 posts, read 8,025,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Not I, said the cat. I'd rather have bamboo shoots shoved under my fingernails than go to a mall.

I went to the Rockies game today. Rockies blasted the Nationals and earned a trip to L.A. for a game 163 to decide the NL West.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Never heard of it.

I did go to the Rockies game today!
I am envious. I watched it at a family function. I would have been there if not for the function.

BEAT L.A.!!!!

Old 10-01-2018, 09:25 AM

6,902 posts, read 6,489,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I am envious. I watched it at a family function. I would have been there if not for the function.

BEAT L.A.!!!!
I picked up 4 tickets in the upper deck from the box office on Friday for $20 each. Kids had a blast.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:31 AM

6,522 posts, read 10,185,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post

BEAT L.A.!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I picked up 4 tickets in the upper deck from the box office on Friday for $20 each. Kids had a blast.
We had Rooftop tickets but stood in the SRO area right behind section 107 for the entire game. Totally worth it.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:38 AM

2,514 posts, read 3,484,923 times
I guess it is good that it wasn't more popular. The area was overwhelmed with the traffic as it was so whoever was doing the publicity made the right call in not advertising more as evidenced by all you who didn't know about it.

I drove over on opening day just to see the buildings, wasn't planning on stopping. But it was such a pain to get into the parking lot that once I was there I decided to have a look. It was alot nicer than I though it would be. But I only went into a couple of stores and wandered a couple of streets as I didn't have much time. Even so, ended up spending $180 so my 'just have a look' didn't quite turn out that way.

A friend texted me that she went to just have a look and really liked it so I'm going to go over again to see more of it.

I agree that these should be just called malls and not outlet malls but that is the common trend now a days so it must work on some people. But these are not the outlets of old days. There simply isn't enough bad merchandise to support the numerous 'outlet' stores so they have to fill them with something.

Google reviews has a ton of pictures for those who want to see it without driving out to it. The children's playground looks spectacular (I haven't seen it in person yet). The big faux pas is that they don't have any restaurants to speak of. Just a few fast food or specialty places like Starbucks.

Old 10-01-2018, 01:59 PM

3,258 posts, read 4,001,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic111 View Post
Denver Premium Outlets opening weekend seemed to overwhelm the I-25 interchange at 136th. So how many people went? How was it?

My impressions:
  • The deals didn't seem that good but they weren't bad either.
  • The mall was very nice looking.
  • There were alot more stores open than I thought would be open.
  • They had nice entertainment.
  • The traffic management was horrible. They would have been better off letting it flow naturally. Parking seemed adequate, it was being cut off by the traffic management.
  • Why no restaurants?

https://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlet/denver/stores

Wow Under Armor and Lucky Brand Jeans store.. I'm there! Wonder when they have their clearance/liquidation sales.. I scored a bunch of Under Armor shirts way below retail during Memorial Day Sale in the outlet stores south of Seattle in Centralia.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:49 PM

9,224 posts, read 15,895,701 times
It’s the same stories as castle rock...

Old 10-02-2018, 08:07 AM

22,694 posts, read 16,166,960 times
Not me.

Southlands is enough mall for me.

Old 10-02-2018, 09:28 AM

2,514 posts, read 3,484,923 times
I'm pleased to report the traffic around the intersection was normal yesterday so maybe the interchange can handle things after all. Christmas may be a different story. :-)

Old 10-02-2018, 12:13 PM

389 posts, read 277,242 times
I didn't go to shop, just to take my kiddo to the playground and we both had a lot of fun. We did go early though to beat the crowds!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or